An FBSDE Approach to American Option Pricing with an Interacting Particle Method
AbstractIn the paper, we propose a new calculation scheme for American options in the framework of a forward backward stochastic differential equation (FBSDE). The well-known decomposition of an American option price with that of a European option of the same maturity and the remaining early exercise premium can be cast into the form of a decoupled non-linear FBSDE. We numerically solve the FBSDE by applying an interacting particle method recently proposed by Fujii and Takahashi (2012d), which allows one to perform a Monte Carlo simulation in a fully forward-looking manner. We perform the fourth-order analysis for the Black-Scholes (BS) model and the third-order analysis for the Heston model. The comparison to those obtained from existing tree algorithms shows the effectiveness of the particle method.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1211.5867.
Date of creation: Nov 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masaaki Fujii & Akihiko Takahashi, 2012. "Perturbative Expansion of FBSDE in an Incomplete Market with Stochastic Volatility," Papers 1202.0608, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Marek Rutkowski, 1994. "The Early Exercise Premium Representation Of Foreign Market American Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 313-325.
- Duffie, Darrell & Huang, Ming, 1996. " Swap Rates and Credit Quality," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 921-49, July.
- Masaaki Fujii & Akihiko Takahashi, 2012. "ANALYTICAL APPROXIMATION FOR NON-LINEAR FBSDEs WITH PERTURBATION SCHEME," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(05), pages 1250034-1-1.
- S. D. Jacka, 1991. "Optimal Stopping and the American Put," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14.
- Masaaki Fujii & Akihiko Takahashi, 2011. "Analytical Approximation for Non-linear FBSDEs with Perturbation Scheme," Papers 1106.0123, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2012.
- Kenichiro Shiraya & Akihiko Takahashi, 2014. "Pricing Basket Options under Local Stochastic Volatility with Jumps," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-913, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kenichiro Shiraya & Akihiko Takahashi, 2013. "Pricing Basket Options under Local Stochastic Volatility with Jumps," CARF F-Series CARF-F-336, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, revised May 2014.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Toshihiro Yamada, 2013. "On an Asymptotic Expansion of Forward-Backward SDEs with a Perturbed Driver," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-902, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Toshihiro Yamada, 2013. "On an Asymptotic Expansion of Forward-Backward SDEs with a Perturbed Driver," CARF F-Series CARF-F-326, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo, revised Oct 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.