Small time central limit theorems for semimartingales with applications
AbstractWe give conditions under which the normalized marginal distribution of a semimartingale converges to a Gaussian limit law as time tends to zero. In particular, our result is applicable to solutions of stochastic differential equations with locally bounded and continuous coefficients. The limit theorems are subsequently extended to functional central limit theorems on the process level. We present two applications of the results in the field of mathematical finance: to the pricing of at-the-money digital options with short maturities and short time implied volatility skews.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1208.4282.
Date of creation: Aug 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-09-03 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2012-09-03 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- H. Berestycki & J. Busca & I. Florent, 2002. "Asymptotics and calibration of local volatility models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 61-69.
- Michael Roper & Marek Rutkowski, 2009. "On The Relationship Between The Call Price Surface And The Implied Volatility Surface Close To Expiry," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(04), pages 427-441.
- Martin Forde & Antoine Jacquier, 2009. "Small-Time Asymptotics For Implied Volatility Under The Heston Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(06), pages 861-876.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.