Affine processes on positive semidefinite matrices
AbstractThis article provides the mathematical foundation for stochastically continuous affine processes on the cone of positive semidefinite symmetric matrices. This analysis has been motivated by a large and growing use of matrix-valued affine processes in finance, including multi-asset option pricing with stochastic volatility and correlation structures, and fixed-income models with stochastically correlated risk factors and default intensities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 0910.0137.
Date of creation: Oct 2009
Date of revision: Apr 2011
Publication status: Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2011, Vol. 21, No. 2, 397-463
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JosE Da Fonseca & Martino Grasselli & Claudio Tebaldi, 2008. "A multifactor volatility Heston model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 591-604.
- José Fonseca & Martino Grasselli & Claudio Tebaldi, 2007. "Option pricing when correlations are stochastic: an analytical framework," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 151-180, May.
- Bru, Marie-France, 1989. "Diffusions of perturbed principal component analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 127-136, April.
- Antonis Papapantoleon, 2011. "Computation of copulas by Fourier methods," Papers 1108.1216, arXiv.org.
- Mayerhofer, Eberhard, 2012. "Affine processes on positive semidefinite d×d matrices have jumps of finite variation in dimension d>1," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 122(10), pages 3445-3459.
- Ahdida, Abdelkoddousse & Alfonsi, Aurélien, 2013. "A mean-reverting SDE on correlation matrices," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(4), pages 1472-1520.
- Christa Cuchiero & Josef Teichmann, 2011. "Path properties and regularity of affine processes on general state spaces," Papers 1107.1607, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
- Jos\'e Da Fonseca & Alessandro Gnoatto & Martino Grasselli, 2012.
"A flexible matrix Libor model with smiles,"
- Mayerhofer, Eberhard & Pfaffel, Oliver & Stelzer, Robert, 2011. "On strong solutions for positive definite jump diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(9), pages 2072-2086, September.
- Kang, Chulmin & Kang, Wanmo, 2013. "Transform formulae for linear functionals of affine processes and their bridges on positive semidefinite matrices," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(6), pages 2419-2445.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.