Economics need a scientific revolution
AbstractI argue that the current financial crisis highlights the crucial need of a change of mindset in economics and financial engineering, that should move away from dogmatic axioms and focus more on data, orders of magnitudes, and plausible, albeit non rigorous, arguments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 0810.5306.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Nature, vol 455, p. 1181 (2008)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boris Salazar, 2013. "¿Crisis después de la crisis? La macroeconomía financiera después de la crisis global," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 15(28), pages 127-158, January-J.
- Destefano, Natália & Martinez, Alexandre Souto, 2011. "The additive property of the inconsistency degree in intertemporal decision making through the generalization of psychophysical laws," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(10), pages 1763-1772.
- Chami Figueira, F. & Moura, N.J. & Ribeiro, M.B., 2011.
"The Gompertz–Pareto income distribution,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 689-698.
- Neuberger, Doris & Rissi, Roger, 2012. "Macroprudential banking regulation: Does one size fit all?," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 124, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Aleksejus Kononovicius & Valentas Daniunas, 2013. "Agent-based and macroscopic modeling of the complex socio-economic systems," Papers 1303.3693, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Da Silva, Sergio, 2013. "Time to abandon group thinking in economics," MPRA Paper 45660, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Al-Suwailem, Sami, 2014. "Complexity and endogenous instability," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 393-410.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.