Economic Implications of the EU Accession of Bulgaria and Romania: A CGE Approach
AbstractThe paper examines the economic implications of Bulgaria and Romania recent accession to the EU. The analysis has been carried out by using the GTAP model and database. In a first attempt, the effects of the removal of formal trade barriers and the adoption of common external tariffs are considered; not surprisingly, we find that associated impacts are not large, given that existing barriers have been gradually removed in accordance with the Europe Agreements. Further, we take into account the so-called "value of the current preferences", representing a scenario where there is a potential return to the MFN tariff schedule.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements in its series Working Papers with number 6102.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://tradeag.vitamib.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, .
"Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Impact of European Integration,"
626, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2012. "Comparative advantage and the welfare impact of European integration," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 27(72), pages 567-602, October.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2012. "Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Impact of European Integration," NBER Working Papers 18061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jing Zhang & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2011. "Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Impact of European Integration," 2011 Meeting Papers 819, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andrei A Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2013.
"The Global Labor Market Impact of Emerging Giants: A Quantitative Assessment,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 61(3), pages 479-519, August.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2013. "The global labor market impact of rmerging giants: a quantitative assessment," Working Paper Series WP-2013-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, . "The Global Labor Market Impact of Emerging Giants: a Quantitative Assessment," Working Papers 637, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.