Economic Implications of the EU Accession of Bulgaria and Romania: A CGE Approach
AbstractThe paper examines the economic implications of Bulgaria and Romania recent accession to the EU. The analysis has been carried out by using the GTAP model and database. In a first attempt, the effects of the removal of formal trade barriers and the adoption of common external tariffs are considered; not surprisingly, we find that associated impacts are not large, given that existing barriers have been gradually removed in accordance with the Europe Agreements. Further, we take into account the so-called "value of the current preferences", representing a scenario where there is a potential return to the MFN tariff schedule.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements in its series Working Papers with number 6102.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://tradeag.vitamib.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jing Zhang & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2011.
"Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Impact of European Integration,"
2011 Meeting Papers
819, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2012. "Comparative advantage and the welfare impact of European integration," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 27(72), pages 567-602, October.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, . "Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Impact of European Integration," Working Papers 626, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2012. "Comparative Advantage and the Welfare Impact of European Integration," NBER Working Papers 18061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei A Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2013.
"The Global Labor Market Impact of Emerging Giants: A Quantitative Assessment,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 61(3), pages 479-519, August.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2013. "The global labor market impact of rmerging giants: a quantitative assessment," Working Paper Series WP-2013-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, . "The Global Labor Market Impact of Emerging Giants: a Quantitative Assessment," Working Papers 637, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.