The Nitrogen Fertilizer Value of Baled Broiler Litter for Cotton Production in the Arkansas Delta
AbstractThe export of poultry litter by baling efficiently packages litter for long-term storage and transportation. Use of baled poultry litter to supply the recommended rates of P and K and a portion of the N rate appears to be a feasible nutrient management strategy for cotton.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas with number 6809.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
poultry waste management; cotton production; fertilizer; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Q15; Q53;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-12-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-12-14 (Environmental Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.