Producer Willingness to Supply Biomass: the Effects of Price and Producer Characteristics
AbstractThis paper presents research results based on data from two biomass producer surveys collected from mid Missouri and southern Illinois. Specific topics of interest include the effect of price and producer characteristics on willingness to supply, assets producers currently own and services they may be willing to provide if bioenergy industries develop. A series of censored tobit regressions are utilized to analyze willingness to supply results under three price scenarios. Marginal effects of a one dollar change in the biomass price are shown to increase the willingness to supply by 0.5 to 2 percent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas with number 98804.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
biomass; willingness to supply; Agribusiness;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-04-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-04-16 (Energy Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosburg, Alicia & Miranowski, John & Jacobs, Keri, 2013. "Cellulosic Biofuel Supply with Heterogeneous Biomass Suppliers: An Application to Switchgrass-based Ethanol," Staff General Research Papers 36359, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hoque, Mohammad Mainul & Artz, Georgeanne M. & Martens, Bobby J. & Jarboe, Darren H., 2013. "Essentials for Producer Participation in Biomass Markets When Choices are Correlated," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142747, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.