The 2012 US Drought Event and its Impact on the Crop Insurance Industry
AbstractThis article describes the meteorological factors that caused the extent of the 2012 US drought event and its financial impact on the crop insurance industry
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by AIR Worldwide Corporation in its series AIRCurrents with number 138949.
Date of creation: 13 Nov 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.air-worldwide.com
Drought; MPCI; crop insurance; AWI; Crop Production/Industries; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; Risk and Uncertainty; Q14; Q54;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-01-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2013-01-07 (Insurance Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.