Determinants of Meats Purchase Behavior by Ethnic Groups
AbstractFarmers and food companies need to assess their production and marketing strategies for nurturing business opportunities that will arise from the simultaneous increase in population and income of Hispanics in the United States. Previous studies on demand for meat products have not received much attention on the determinants of meats purchase behavior by Hispanics in relation to other ethnic groups. This study investigates the impact of ethnicity and the determinants of meats purchase behavior in the U.S. by using single Probit equations. The analyzed data comes from the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey. The results indicate that ethnicity plays an important role in the purchase behavior of meat products, as well as household size and income.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its series 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado with number 61073.
Date of creation: 25 Jul 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
consumer behavior; marketing; food demand; Hispanic food; hispanic food market; Latin foods; comida latina; alimentos; ethnic foods; Agribusiness; Consumer/Household Economics; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Industrial Organization; Marketing; D01; D03; D12; L14; L66; M31; M37;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics; Underlying Principles
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.