Report NEP-SOC-2012-09-16This is the archive for NEP-SOC, a report on new working papers in the area of Social Norms & Social Capital. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Büchner Charlotte & Cörvers Frank & Traag Tanja & Velden Rolf van der, 2012. "How do Education, Cognitive Skills, Cultural and Social Capital Account for Intergenerational Earnings Persistence? Evidence from the Netherlands," Research Memoranda 028, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- P. Buonanno & R. Durante & G. Prarolo & P. Vanin, 2012. "Poor Institutions, Rich Mines: Resource Curse and the Origins of the Sicilian Mafia," Working Papers wp844, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Jonas Debrulle, 2012. "Start-up absorptive capacity: Does the owner’s human and social capital matter?," Vives discussion paper series 30, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen, Vives.
- Katherine Casey & Rachel Glennerster & Edward Miguel, 2012. "Healing the Wounds: Learning from Sierra Leone's Post-war Institutional Reforms," NBER Working Papers 18368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Chia-Ching & Chiu, I-Ming & Smith, John & Yamada, Tetsuji, 2012. "Too smart to be selfish? Measures of cognitive ability, social preferences, and consistency," MPRA Paper 41078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cappelen, Alexander W. & Sørensen, Erik Ø. & Tungodden, Bertil, 2012. "When do we lie?," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 17/2012, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Mika Kortelainen & Tuukka Saarimaa, 2012. "Do homeowners benefit urban neighborhoods? Evidence from housing prices," Working Papers 36, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Mirco Tonin & Michael Vlassopoulos, 2012. "Social Incentives Matter: Evidence from an Online Real Effort Experiment," CEU Working Papers 2012_12, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 20 Jul 2012.
- Traag Tanja & Lubbers Miranda Jessica & Velden Rolf van der, 2012. "That’s what friends are for? The impact of peer characteristics on early school-leaving," Research Memoranda 023, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Noussair, C.N. & Stoop, J.T.R., 2012. "Time as a Medium of Reward in Three Social Preference Experiments," Discussion Paper 2012-068, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tom Broekel, 2012. "The co-evolution of proximities - a network level study," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1217, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Sep 2012.