Report NEP-POL-2011-01-30This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrea Mattozzi & Antonio Merlo, 2010. "Mediocracy, Third Version," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-002, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 24 Jan 2011.
- Carlo Prato & Bruno Strulovici, 2010. "Direct Democracy, Political Delegation, and Responsibility Substitution," Discussion Papers 1515, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Berliant, Marcus & Tabuchi, Takatoshi, 2011. "Local politics and economic geography," MPRA Paper 28120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kikuchi, Kazuya, 2011. "Privately informed parties and policy divergence," Discussion Papers 2011-01, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Daron Acemoglu & Georgy Egorov & Konstantin Sonin, 2011. "A Political Theory of Populism," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000001179, David K. Levine.
- Grégoire Rota-Graziosi, 2011. "Economic integration and political fragmentation," Working Papers halshs-00557242, HAL.
- AMENDOLA, Adalgiso & EASAW, Joshy & SAVOIA, Antonio, 2010. "Inequality in Developing Economies: The Role of Institutional Development," CELPE Discussion Papers 116, CELPE (Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy), University of Salerno, Italy.
- Zudenkova, Galina, 2010. "Sincere Lobby Formation," MPRA Paper 28249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Justina AV Fischer, 2011. "Immigration, integration and terrorism: is there a clash of cultures?," CEIS Research Paper 182, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 20 Jan 2011.
- James Rockey & Miltiadis Makris, 2010. "Which Democracies Pay Higher Wages?," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/09, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Gbewopo Attila, 2011. "How do African populations perceive corruption: microeconomic evidence from Afrobarometer data in twelve countries," Working Papers halshs-00556805, HAL.
- Libman, Alexander, 2010. "Subnational resource curse: do economic or political institutions matter?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 154, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Karadag, Roy, 2010. "Neoliberal restructuring in Turkey: From state to oligarchic capitalism," MPIfG Discussion Paper 10/7, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Sébastien MARCHAND & Gaoussou DIARRA, 2011. "Environmental Compliance, Corruption and Governance: Theory and Evidence on Forest Stock in Developing Countries," Working Papers 201101, CERDI.
- Ryo Arawatari & Tetsuo Ono, 2011. "Redistributive Politics and Government Debt in a Borrowing-constrained Economy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 11-02, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Bruno S. Frey & Paolo Pamini & Lasse Steiner, 2011. "What Determines The World Heritage List? An Econometric Analysis," CREMA Working Paper Series 2011-01, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Streeck, Wolfgang, 2010. "Taking capitalism seriously: Toward an institutionalist approach to contemporary political economy," MPIfG Discussion Paper 10/15, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Thierry Kangoye, 2011. "On the potential of foreign aid to protect democracy against instability from trade," Working Papers halshs-00556697, HAL.