Report NEP-POL-2006-04-08This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 2006. "Persistence of Power, Elites and Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 5603, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Torsten Persson & Guido Tabellini, 2006. "Democracy and Development: The Devil in the Details," CESifo Working Paper Series 1672, CESifo Group Munich.
- Topi Miettinen & Panu Poutvaara, 2006. "Political Parties and Network Formation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1663, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vjollca Sadiraj & Jan Tuinstra & Frans van Winden, 2006. "On the Size of the Winning Set in the Presence of Interest Groups," CESifo Working Paper Series 1698, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arianna Degan & Antonio Merlo, 2006. "Do Voters Vote Sincerely?," PIER Working Paper Archive 06-008, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Snowberg, Erik & Wolfers, Justin & Zitzewitz, Eric, 2006. "Partisan Impacts on the Economy: Evidence from Prediction Markets and Close Elections," CEPR Discussion Papers 5591, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James E. Alt & David Dreyer Lassen & Shanna Rose, 2006. "The Causes of Fiscal Transparency: Evidence from the American States," EPRU Working Paper Series 06-02, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Leigh, Andrew & Wolfers, Justin, 2006. "Competing Approaches to Forecasting Elections: Economic Models, Opinion Polling and Prediction Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5555, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiane Clemens & Maik Heinemann, 2005. "Endogenous Redistributive Cycles An Overlapping Generations Approach to Social Conflict and Cyclical Growth," Working Paper Series in Economics 5, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Staal, Klaas, 2006. "Incentives for separation and incentives for public good provision," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 104, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Mazzuca, Sebastián L & Robinson, James A, 2006. "Political Conflict and Power-Sharing in the Origins of Modern Colombia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5606, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cadot, Olivier & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves & Suwa Eisenmann, Akiko & Verdier, Thierry, 2006. "Scared by Foreigners and their Products? Survey Evidence from France," CEPR Discussion Papers 5544, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.