Report NEP-IAS-2011-10-01This is the archive for NEP-IAS, a report on new working papers in the area of Insurance Economics. Soumitra K Mallick issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Jeffrey Milyo & Jenny Kim, 2011. "Health Insurance and Mortality in US Adults: A Cautionary Tale," Working Papers, Department of Economics, University of Missouri 1113, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Agar Brugiavini & Noemi Pace, 2011. "Extending Health Insurance: Effects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana," RSCAS Working Papers, European University Institute 2011/27, European University Institute.
- Benjamin R. Handel, 2011. "Adverse Selection and Switching Costs in Health Insurance Markets: When Nudging Hurts," NBER Working Papers 17459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Terence Chai Cheng & Farshid Vahid, 2011. "Demand for Hospital Care and Private Health Insurance in a Mixed Public–Private System: Empirical Evidence Using a Simultaneous Equation Modeling Approach," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne wp2011n22, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Aterido, Reyes & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Pagés, Carmen, 2011. "Does Expanding Health Insurance Beyond Formal-Sector Workers Encourage Informality? Measuring the Impact of Mexico's Seguro Popular," IZA Discussion Papers 5996, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Camille Landais & Pascal Michaillat & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "Optimal Unemployment Insurance Over the Business Cycle," CEP Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE dp1078, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lemoyne de Forges, Sabine & Bibas, Ruben & Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011. "A dynamic model of extreme risk coverage : resilience and efficiency in the global reinsurance market," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 5807, The World Bank.
- Schottmuller, C., 2011. "Cost Incentives for Doctors: A Double-Edged Sword," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 2011-105, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kmar Fersi & Kamel Boukhetala & Samir Ben Ammou, 2011. "Stratégie optimale de réduction de l'intervalle de confiance pour l'estimateur de la prime ajustée. Application en assurance automobile," Working Papers, HAL hal-00625684, HAL.
- René Böheim & Thomas Leoni, 2011. "Firms' Moral Hazard in Sickness Absences," WIFO Working Papers, WIFO 400, WIFO.
- Rong Hu & Chunli Shen & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "Health Care System Reform in China: Issues, Challenges and Options," CEMA Working Papers, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics 517, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Lorenzo Corsini, 2011. "On Wealth, Unemployment Benefits and Unemployment Duration: some Evidence from Italy," Discussion Papers, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy 2011/119, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Jeffrey Brown & Amy Finkelstein, 2011. "Insuring Long Term Care In the US," NBER Working Papers 17451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gopi Shah Goda & John B. Shoven & Sita Nataraj Slavov, 2011. "Does Widowhood Explain Gender Differences in Out-of-Pocket Medical Spending Among the Elderly?," NBER Working Papers 17440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.