Report NEP-HIS-2012-03-08This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Lepore, Amedeo, 2012. "New research methods of business history," MPRA Paper 36952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Item repec:cge:warwcg:73 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Gregory Clark & Rowena Gray, 2012. "Geography is not Destiny. Geography, Institutions and Literacy in England, 1837-1863," Working Papers 0015, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Tsuda, Miwa, 2012. "The gap between recognition and the 'compensation business' : the claim against Britain for compensation by Kenya's former Mau Mau fighters," IDE Discussion Papers, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) 321, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Yoshiko Nagano, 2012. "The Philippine National Bank and Credit Inflation after World War I," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University gd11-216, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Nathan Nunn, 2012. "Culture and the Historical Process," NBER Working Papers 17869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel Chan & Robert Stavins & Robert Stowe & Richard Sweeney, 2012. "The SO2 Allowance Trading System and the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990: Reflections on Twenty Years of Policy Innovation," Working Papers, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei 2012.06, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alan de Bromhead & Barry Eichengreen & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2012. "Right-Wing Political Extremism in the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 17871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Domenech, 2012. "Rural labour markets and rural conflict in Spain before the Civil War (1931-1936)," Working Papers in Economic History wp12-01, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia EconÃ³mica e Instituciones.
- John W. Keating & Victor J. Valcarcel, 2012. "Greater Moderations," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201202, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Durante, Ruben & Prarolo, Giovanni & Vanin, Paolo, 2011. "On the historical and geographic origins of the Sicilian mafia," MPRA Paper 37009, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2012.
- Rafael Dobado-GonzÃ¡les & HÃ©ctor GarcÃa-Montero, 2012. "Neither So Low Nor So Short: Wages and Heights in Bourbon Spanish America from an International Comparative Perspective," Working Papers 0014, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Pedro H. G. Ferreira de Souza, 2012. "Social Policies and the Fall in Inequality in Brazil: Achievements and Challenges," One Pager, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth 135, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Richard H. Steckel & William J. White, 2012. "Engines of Growth: Farm Tractors and Twentieth-Century U.S. Economic Welfare," NBER Working Papers 17879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Rampa, 2011. "All Because of Euro? On Some Structural Changes in the Italian Foreign Trade, 1960-2000," Quaderni di Dipartimento, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods 148, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2012. "Does Inequality Lead to a Financial Crisis?," NBER Working Papers 17896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dellepiane-Avellaneda, Sebastian, 2012. "From Property Rights and Institutions, to Beliefs and Social Orders : Revisiting Douglass Northâ€™s Approach to Development," IOB Discussion Papers, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB) 2012.01, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Ecchia, Stefania, 2012.
"Mercati informali del credito agrario nella Palestina di fine Impero Ottomano: un'analisi dell'evoluzione dei contratti bay-wafa, salam e muzaraah nel distretto di Haifa (1890-1915)
[Informal rural," MPRA Paper 36985, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Item repec:cge:warwcg:70 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Barbera, David & Consoli, Davide, 2011. "Whatever works: uncertainty and technological hybrids in medical innovation," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) 201112, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 16 Feb 2011.
- Roger Fouquet, 2012. "Trends in Income and Price Elasticities of Transport Demand (1850-2010)," Working Papers, BC3 2012-01, BC3.
- Emin Dinlersoz & Jeremy Greenwood, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Unions in the U.S," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports, Economie d'Avant Garde 19, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Charles Wyplosz, 2012. "Fiscal Rules: Theoretical Issues and Historical Experiences," NBER Working Papers 17884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2012. "The Incentive Effects of Marginal Tax Rates: Evidence from the Interwar Era," NBER Working Papers 17860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Villani, Salvatore, 2011.
"La finanza pubblica e le imposte sui consumi (1862-1913)
[Public finance and consumption taxes (1862-1913)]," MPRA Paper 36856, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2011.
- Hubert De La Bruslerie & Florent Pratlong, 2012. "La valeur psychologique du temps : Une synthÃ¨se de la littÃ©rature," Post-Print halshs-00636357, HAL.
- Marciano, Alain & Khalil, Elias L., 2012. "Optimization, Path Dependence and the Law: Can Judges Promote Efficiency?," IEL Working Papers, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS 9, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.