Report NEP-HIS-2012-03-08This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Lepore, Amedeo, 2012. "New research methods of business history," MPRA Paper 36952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harrison, Mark & Markevich, Andrei, 2012. "Russia’s Home Front, 1914-1922: The Economy," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 73, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Gregory Clark & Rowena Gray, 2012. "Geography is not Destiny. Geography, Institutions and Literacy in England, 1837-1863," Working Papers 0015, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Tsuda, Miwa, 2012. "The gap between recognition and the 'compensation business' : the claim against Britain for compensation by Kenya's former Mau Mau fighters," IDE Discussion Papers 321, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Yoshiko Nagano, 2012. "The Philippine National Bank and Credit Inflation after World War I," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-216, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Nathan Nunn, 2012. "Culture and the Historical Process," NBER Working Papers 17869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel Chan & Robert Stavins & Robert Stowe & Richard Sweeney, 2012. "The SO2 Allowance Trading System and the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990: Reflections on Twenty Years of Policy Innovation," Working Papers 2012.06, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alan de Bromhead & Barry Eichengreen & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2012. "Right-Wing Political Extremism in the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 17871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordi Domenech, 2012. "Rural labour markets and rural conflict in Spain before the Civil War (1931-1936)," Working Papers in Economic History wp12-01, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- John W. Keating & Victor J. Valcarcel, 2012. "Greater Moderations," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201202, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Buonanno, Paolo & Durante, Ruben & Prarolo, Giovanni & Vanin, Paolo, 2011. "On the historical and geographic origins of the Sicilian mafia," MPRA Paper 37009, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2012.
- Rafael Dobado-Gonzáles & Héctor García-Montero, 2012. "Neither So Low Nor So Short: Wages and Heights in Bourbon Spanish America from an International Comparative Perspective," Working Papers 0014, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Pedro H. G. Ferreira de Souza, 2012. "Social Policies and the Fall in Inequality in Brazil: Achievements and Challenges," One Pager 135, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Richard H. Steckel & William J. White, 2012. "Engines of Growth: Farm Tractors and Twentieth-Century U.S. Economic Welfare," NBER Working Papers 17879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Rampa, 2011. "All Because of Euro? On Some Structural Changes in the Italian Foreign Trade, 1960-2000," Quaderni di Dipartimento 148, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Michael D. Bordo & Christopher M. Meissner, 2012. "Does Inequality Lead to a Financial Crisis?," NBER Working Papers 17896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dellepiane-Avellaneda, Sebastian, 2012. "From Property Rights and Institutions, to Beliefs and Social Orders: Revisiting Douglass North’s Approach to Development," IOB Discussion Papers 2012.01, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB).
- Ecchia, Stefania, 2012.
"Mercati informali del credito agrario nella Palestina di fine Impero Ottomano: un'analisi dell'evoluzione dei contratti bay-wafa, salam e muzaraah nel distretto di Haifa (1890-1915)
[Informal rural," MPRA Paper 36985, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "Western Europe’s Growth Prospects: an Historical Perspective," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 70, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Barbera, David & Consoli, Davide, 2011. "Whatever works: uncertainty and technological hybrids in medical innovation," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201112, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 16 Feb 2011.
- Roger Fouquet, 2012. "Trends in Income and Price Elasticities of Transport Demand (1850-2010)," Working Papers 2012-01, BC3.
- Emin Dinlersoz & Jeremy Greenwood, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Unions in the U.S," Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports 19, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Charles Wyplosz, 2012. "Fiscal Rules: Theoretical Issues and Historical Experiences," NBER Working Papers 17884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2012. "The Incentive Effects of Marginal Tax Rates: Evidence from the Interwar Era," NBER Working Papers 17860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Villani, Salvatore, 2011.
"La finanza pubblica e le imposte sui consumi (1862-1913)
[Public finance and consumption taxes (1862-1913)]," MPRA Paper 36856, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2011.
- Hubert De La Bruslerie & Florent Pratlong, 2012. "La valeur psychologique du temps : Une synthèse de la littérature," Post-Print halshs-00636357, HAL.
- Marciano, Alain & Khalil, Elias L., 2012. "Optimization, Path Dependence and the Law: Can Judges Promote Efficiency?," IEL Working Papers 9, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.