Report NEP-HIS-2008-03-15This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Galenson, 2008. "Language in Visual Art: The Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 13845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Globalization and the Great Divergence: Terms of Trade Booms and Volatility in the Poor Periphery 1782-1913," NBER Working Papers 13841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carsten Burhop, 2008. "Pharmaceutical research in Wilhelmine Germany: The case of E. Merck," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_03, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Enriqueta Camps, 2008. "Children's work in Spanish textiles during the 19th and 20th Centuries," Economics Working Papers, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra 1073, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Scheltjens, Werner, 2007. "Logistics in early-modern Europe: A discussion of specialization, flexibility and efficiency in the activities of the Dutch shipping community in the eighteenth century," MPRA Paper 7688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Benno Torgler, 2007. "The Evolution of Tax Morale in Modern Spain," Working Papers, Institute of Local Public Finance 03-2007, Institute of Local Public Finance.
- Roman Hagelstein, 2008. "Explaining the Violence Pattern of the Algerian Civil War," HiCN Working Papers, Households in Conflict Network 43, Households in Conflict Network.
- Farley Grubb, 2008. "Testing for the Economic Impact of the U.S. Constitution: Purchasing Power Parity across the Colonies versus across the States, 1748-1811," NBER Working Papers 13836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2008. "The Rise and Fall of the American Jewish PhD," IZA Discussion Papers 3384, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tanika Chakraborty & Sukkoo Kim, 2008. "Caste, Kinship and Sex Ratios in India," NBER Working Papers 13828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tandefelt, Marika, 2008. "Reklamsvenska i Finland speglad genom varuhuset Stockmanns tidningsannonser under det 20e seklet - Swedish Advertising Language in Finland Mirrored by the Newspaper Advertisements of the Stockmanns De," Working Papers, Hanken School of Economics 535, Hanken School of Economics.
- Samuel Amaral, 2008. "El líder y las masas: fascismo y peronismo en Gino Germani," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo., Universidad del CEMA 371, Universidad del CEMA.
- Canaday, Neil & Tamura, Robert, 2007. "White discrimination in provision of black education: plantations and towns," MPRA Paper 7723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy J. Hatton & Richard M. Martin, 2008. "The Effects on Stature of Poverty, Family Size and Birth Order: British Children in the 1930s," CEPR Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University 572, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Paul Heaton, 2008. "Childhood Educational Disruption and Later Life Outcomes: Evidence from Prince Edward County," Working Papers, RAND Corporation Publications Department 552, RAND Corporation Publications Department.