Report NEP-FOR-2012-05-29This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kilian, Lutz & Vigfusson, Robert J., 2012. "Do Oil Prices Help Forecast U.S. Real GDP? The Role of Nonlinearities and Asymmetries," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 8980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ippei Fujiwara & Hibiki Ichiue & Yoshiyuki Nakazono & Yosuke Shigemi, 2012. "Financial Markets Forecasts Revisited: Are they Rational, Herding or Bold?," IMES Discussion Paper Series, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan 12-E-06, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Karapanagiotidis, Paul, 2012. "Improving Bayesian VAR density forecasts through autoregressive Wishart Stochastic Volatility," MPRA Paper 38885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avery, Christopher N. & Chevalier, Judith & Zeckhauser, Richard Jay, 2011. "The "CAPS" Prediction System and Stock Market Returns," Scholarly Articles, Harvard Kennedy School of Government 5098427, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Li, Yushu, 2012. "Estimating and Forecasting APARCH-Skew-t Models by Wavelet Support Vector Machines," Working Papers, Lund University, Department of Economics 2012:13, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2011. "A Solution to Overoptimistic Forecasts and Fiscal Procyclicality: The Structural Budget Institutions Pioneered by Chile," Scholarly Articles, Harvard Kennedy School of Government 4723209, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Putkuri, Hanna, 2012. "Household optimism and borrowing," Research Discussion Papers, Bank of Finland 21/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Achim Zeileis & Christoph Leitner & Kurt Hornik, 2012. "History Repeating: Spain Beats Germany in the EURO 2012 Final," Working Papers, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck 2012-09, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- De Santis, Roberto A & Favero, Carlo A. & Roffia, Barbara, 2012. "Euro Area Money Demand and International Portfolio Allocation: A Contribution to Assessing Risks to Price Stability," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 8957, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Distinguin, Isabelle & Hasan, Iftekhar & Tarazi , Amine, 2012. "Predicting rating changes for banks: How accurate are accounting and stock market indicators?," Research Discussion Papers, Bank of Finland 15/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2012. "Implications of Wealth Heterogeneity For Macroeconomics," Economics Working Paper Archive, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics 597, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Matteo Pelagatti, 2012. "Supply Function Prediction in Electricity Auctions," Working Papers, UniversitÃ degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica 20120301, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica.
- Eva Boj & Pedro Delicado & Josep Fortiana & Anna Esteve & Adria Caballe, 2012. "Local Distance-Based Generalized Linear Models using the dbstats package for R," Working Papers, Xarxa de ReferÃ¨ncia en Economia Aplicada (XREAP) XREAP2012-11, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised May 2012.