Report NEP-FOR-2009-08-22This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Philip Hans Franses & Michael McAleer & Rianne Legerstee, 2009. "Does the FOMC Have Expertise, and Can It Forecast?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-648, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer & Roengchai Tansuchat, 2009. "Forecasting Volatility and Spillovers in Crude Oil Spot, Forward and Futures Markets," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-641, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Philip Hans Franses & Michael McAleer, 2009. "How Accurate are Government Forecasts of Economic Fundamentals? The Case of Taiwan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-637, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Durmaz, Nazif, 2009. "Bias Correction and Out-of-Sample Forecast Accuracy," MPRA Paper 16780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael McAleer & Juan-Angel Jimenez-Martin & Teodosio Perez-Amaral, 2009. "What Happened to Risk Management During the 2008-09 Financial Crisis?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-636, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shripad Tuljapurkar & Ryan D. Edwards, 2009. "Variance in Death and Its Implications for Modeling and Forecasting Mortality," NBER Working Papers 15288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.