Report NEP-DEV-2012-05-29This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Mark Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Eiji Yamamura, 2012. "Death tolls from natural disasters: Influence of interactions among fiscal decentralization, institutions and economic development," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2012_08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Michael (et al.) Linnan & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2012. "Child Drowning: Evidence for a newly recognized cause of child mortality in low and middle income countries in Asia," Innocenti Working Papers inwopa663, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Tachibana, Towa & Sakurai, Takeshi, 2012. "How Do New Cash Crops Spread or Not Spread?: The Case of Rice in a Suburban Area, Ghana," Discussion Paper Series, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University 569, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jonasson, Erik & Filipski, Mateusz & Brooks, Jonathan & Taylor, J. Edward, 2012. "Modeling the Welfare Implications of Agricultural Policies in Developing Countries," Working Papers 2012:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Danne, Christian, 2012. "Commitment devices, opportunity windows, and institution building in Central Asia," PFH Forschungspapiere/Research Papers 2012/04, PFH Private University of Applied Sciences, Göttingen.
- Stark, Manuel & Ahrens, Joachim, 2012. "Economic reform and institutional change in Central Asia: Towards a new model of the developmental state?," PFH Forschungspapiere/Research Papers 2012/05, PFH Private University of Applied Sciences, Göttingen.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2011. "The Future of Convergence," Scholarly Articles 5131504, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Khemani, Stuti & Walton, Michael & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 2011. "Civil Society, Public Action and Accountability in Africa," Scholarly Articles 5131503, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Hanna, Rema N. & Greenstone, Michael, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," Scholarly Articles 5131505, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Kumar, Ronald R., 2011. "Role of Financial and Technology Inclusion, Remittances and Exports vis-à-vis growth: A study of Nepal," MPRA Paper 38850, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 May 2012.
- Papaioannou, Jason & Van Zanden, Jan Luiten, 2012. "The Dictator Effect: How Long Years in Office Affects Economic Development in Africa and the Near East," CEPR Discussion Papers 8962, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward Kutsoati & Randall Morck, 2012. "Family Ties, Inheritance Rights, and Successful Poverty Alleviation: Evidence from Ghana," NBER Working Papers 18080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.