Report NEP-DEM-2014-03-30This is the archive for NEP-DEM, a report on new working papers in the area of Demographic Economics. Michele Battisti issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kottelenberg, Michael J. & Lehrer, Steven F., 2014. "Do the Perils of Universal Child Care Depend on the Child's Age?," CLSSRN working papers, Vancouver School of Economics clsrn_admin-2014-14, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2014.
- Johannes Geyer & Peter Haan & Katharina Wrohlich, 2014. "The Effects of Family Policy on Mothers' Labor Supply: Combining Evidence from a Structural Model and a Natural Experiment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research 1366, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Arvate, Paulo & Firpo, Sergio & Pieri, Renan, 2014. "Gender stereotypes in politics: what changes when a woman becomes the local political leader?," Textos para discussÃ£o, Escola de Economia de SÃ£o Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) 354, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- CARDIA, Emanuela & GOMME, Paul, 2013. "The Household Revolution: Childcare, Housework, and Female Labor Force Participation," Cahiers de recherche, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques 2013-07, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Mosca, Irene & Barrett, Alan, 2014. "The Impact of Adult Child Emigration on the Mental Health of Older Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 8037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Victor Hugo de Oliveira & Climent Quintana-Domeque, 2014. "Early-Life Environment and Adult Stature in Brazil during the Period 1950 to 1980," Working Papers, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group 2014-008, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Norbert Schady & Jere Behrman & Maria Caridad Araujo & Rodrigo Azuero & Raquel Bernal & David Bravo & Florencia López Bóo & Karen Macours & Daniela Marshall & Christina Paxson & Renos Vakis, 2014. "Wealth Gradients in Early Childhood Cognitive Development in Five Latin American Countries," PIER Working Paper Archive, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania 14-010, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2014. "Is universal child care leveling the playing field?," Discussion Papers, Research Department of Statistics Norway 774, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- María Cubel & Santiago Sanchez-Pages, 2014. "Gender differences and stereotypes in the beauty contest," Working Papers, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB) 2014/13, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- John T. Addison & Orgul D. Ozturk & Si Wang, 2014. "The Role of Gender in Promotion and Pay over a Career," GEMF Working Papers, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra 2014-07, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Michelle Rendall, 2013. "The Service Sector and Female Market Work: Europe vs the US," 2013 Meeting Papers, Society for Economic Dynamics 1202, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Vivien Procher & Nolan Ritter & Colin Vance, 2014. "Making Dough or Baking Dough? Spousal Housework Responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011," Ruhr Economic Papers, Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lisches Institut fÃ¼r Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-UniversitÃ¤t Bochum, UniversitÃ¤t Dortmund, UniversitÃ¤t Duisburg-Essen 0472, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Bo Honore & Aureo de Paula, 2014. "Interdependent durations in joint retirement," CeMMAP working papers, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies CWP08/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Andy Sumner, 2014. "Who are likely to be the future poor in Indonesia? Evidence on primary school non-completion from six rounds of the Demographic and Health Survey, 1991-2012," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS), Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University 201406, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2014.