Report NEP-DEM-2014-03-30This is the archive for NEP-DEM, a report on new working papers in the area of Demographic Economics. Michele Battisti issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kottelenberg, Michael J. & Lehrer, Steven F., 2014. "Do the Perils of Universal Child Care Depend on the Child's Age?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-14, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2014.
- Johannes Geyer & Peter Haan & Katharina Wrohlich, 2014. "The Effects of Family Policy on Mothers' Labor Supply: Combining Evidence from a Structural Model and a Natural Experiment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1366, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Arvate, Paulo & Firpo, Sergio & Pieri, Renan, 2014. "Gender stereotypes in politics: what changes when a woman becomes the local political leader?," Textos para discussÃ£o 354, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- CARDIA, Emanuela & GOMME, Paul, 2013. "The Household Revolution: Childcare, Housework, and Female Labor Force Participation," Cahiers de recherche 2013-07, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Mosca, Irene & Barrett, Alan, 2014. "The Impact of Adult Child Emigration on the Mental Health of Older Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 8037, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Victor Hugo de Oliveira & Climent Quintana-Domeque, 2014. "Early-Life Environment and Adult Stature in Brazil during the Period 1950 to 1980," Working Papers 2014-008, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Norbert Schady & Jere Behrman & Maria Caridad Araujo & Rodrigo Azuero & Raquel Bernal & David Bravo & Florencia López Bóo & Karen Macours & Daniela Marshall & Christina Paxson & Renos Vakis, 2014. "Wealth Gradients in Early Childhood Cognitive Development in Five Latin American Countries," PIER Working Paper Archive 14-010, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2014. "Is universal child care leveling the playing field?," Discussion Papers 774, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- María Cubel & Santiago Sanchez-Pages, 2014. "Gender differences and stereotypes in the beauty contest," Working Papers 2014/13, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- John T. Addison & Orgul D. Ozturk & Si Wang, 2014. "The Role of Gender in Promotion and Pay over a Career," GEMF Working Papers 2014-07, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Michelle Rendall, 2013. "The Service Sector and Female Market Work: Europe vs the US," 2013 Meeting Papers 1202, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Vivien Procher & Nolan Ritter & Colin Vance, 2014. "Making Dough or Baking Dough? Spousal Housework Responsibilities in Germany, 1992-2011," Ruhr Economic Papers 0472, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Bo Honore & Aureo de Paula, 2014. "Interdependent durations in joint retirement," CeMMAP working papers CWP08/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Andy Sumner, 2014. "Who are likely to be the future poor in Indonesia? Evidence on primary school non-completion from six rounds of the Demographic and Health Survey, 1991-2012," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201406, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2014.