Report NEP-ARA-2010-10-30This is the archive for NEP-ARA, a report on new working papers in the area of MENA - Middle East & North Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Caroline Van Rijckeghem, 2010. "Determinants of Private Saving in Turkey: An Update," Working Papers 2010/04, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Deniz Cicek & Ceyhun Elgin, 2010. "Not-Quite-Great Depressions of Turkey: A Quantitative Analysis of Economic Growth over 1968 - 2004," Working Papers 2010/07, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.
- Rana Hendy & Chahir Zaki, 2010. "Assessing The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Wage Inequalities in Egypt: A Microsimulation Analysis," Working Papers 555, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2010.
- Burcu Aydin & Deniz Igan, 2010. "Bank Lending in Turkey: Effects of Monetary and Fiscal Policies," IMF Working Papers 10/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Sami Bibi & AbdelRahmen El-Lahga, 2010. "Decomposing Income Inequality in The Arab Region," Working Papers 557, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2010.
- Ines Bouassida & AbdelRahmen El Lahga, 2010. "Household Expenditure Polarization: Evidence from The Arab Region," Working Papers 559, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2010.
- Herrera, Santiago & Youssef, Hoda & Youssef, Hoda & Zaki, Chahir, 2010. "Egypt beyond the crisis : medium-term challenges for sustained growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5451, The World Bank.
- Bassim Shebeb & Nadhem Al-Saleh, 2010. "Economic Growth in Bahrain: The Contribution of Multifactor Productivity," Working Papers 558, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2010.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Veronique Robichaud & Bernard Decaluwé, 2010. "Does Agricultural Trade Liberalization Help The Poor in Tunisia? A Micro-Macro View in A Dynamic General Equilibrium Context," Working Papers 556, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2010.
- Monia Ghazali, 2010. "Trade Openness, Relative Demand of Skilled Workers and Technological Change in Tunisia, 1998–2002," Working Papers 554, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2010.
- Miriam Shabafrouz, 2010. "Fuel for Conflict or Balm for Peace? Assessing the Effects of Hydrocarbons on Peace Efforts in Algeria," GIGA Working Paper Series 132, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- alessandrini, sergio, 2010. "Financial integration in the four Basins: a quantitative comparison," MPRA Paper 26080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Drine, Imed & Grach, Mouna, 2010. "Supporting Women Entrepreneurs in Tunisia," Working Paper Series wp2010-100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).