The Link Between Science and Invention: The Case of the Transistor
In: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 2141.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicola Lacetera, 2009. "Academic entrepreneurship," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 443-464.
- Cowan, R. & Jonard, N., 2003.
"The dynamics of collective invention,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 513-532, December.
- Leten, Bart & Kelchtermans, Stijn & Belderbos, Ren, 2010.
"Internal Basic Research, External Basic Research and the Technological Performance of Pharmaceutical Firms,"
2010/12, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Leten, Bart & Kelchtermans, Stijn & Belderbos, Rene, 2010. "Internal basic research, external basic research and the technological performance of pharmaceutical firms," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/266023, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Salvatore Torrisi & Rosa Grimaldi, 2001.
"Codified-Tacit and General-Specific Knowledge in the division of labour among firms. A study of the Software Industry,"
LIUC Papers in Economics
85, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Grimaldi, Rosa & Torrisi, Salvatore, 2001. "Codified-tacit and general-specific knowledge in the division of labour among firms: A study of the software industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1425-1442, December.
- Balconi, Margherita & Brusoni, Stefano & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2010.
"In defence of the linear model: An essay,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Kelchtermans, Stijn & Leten, Bart & Belderbos, René & De Beule, F & Nauwelaerts, Y & Wouters, J, 2010. "The Impact of Internal & External Basic Research on the Technological Performance of Pharmaceutical Firms," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/407993, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- James D. Adams, 2004. "Learning, Internal Research, and Spillovers Evidence from a Sample of R&D Laboratories," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0409, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Pattit, Jason M. & Raj, S.P. & Wilemon, David, 2012. "An institutional theory investigation of U.S. technology development trends since the mid-19th century," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 306-318.
- James Adams & Zvi Griliches, 1997.
"Measuring Science: An Exploration,"
NBER Working Papers
5478, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Adams & Zvi Griliches, 1996. "Measuring Science: An Exploration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1749, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2009.
"Innovation Studies – the emerging structure of a new scientific field,"
Working Papers on Innovation Studies
20090104, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "Innovation studies--The emerging structure of a new scientific field," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 218-233, March.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "Innovation studies—The emerging structure of a new scientific field," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-21314, Maastricht University.
- James Adams, 2006. "Learning, internal research, and spillovers," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 5-36.
- Ming Gu & Edison Tse, 2010. "Building innovative organizations in China: The “execution+” organization," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Tassey, Gregory, 2005. "The disaggregated technology production function: A new model of university and corporate research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 287-303, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.