Die volkswirtschaftliche Bedeutung von Schwarzarbeit
In: List Forum Band 33
AbstractShadow economies are widely discussed in German public policy as they are accused to be of large size and to entail thereby sizeable losses of taxes and social security payments. These ef¬fects, however, need to be scrutinised. After a definition of shadow economies and a descrip¬tion of neighbouring phenomena not only the supposedly large size is rejected but also the losses of government income are shown not to materialize. After all, shadow economies in Germany seem to be of minor importance. Some of the re-maining influences, foremost in the realm of allocation, are presented. (Original text only available in german language)
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by List Gesellschaft e.V. in its series List Forum Chapter with number 33-06.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Am Stadtgraben 9, D - 48143 Münster
Phone: + 49 (0) 2 51 - 83 2 29 04
Fax: + 49 (0) 2 51 - 83 2 83 95
Web page: http://www.list-gesellschaft.de
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerhard Graf, 2011. "Some stylised facts about cash and black economies in Germany," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 51-67, August.
- Michael Pickhardt & Jordi Sarda, 2011.
"The size of the underground economy in Germany: a correction of the record and new evidence from the modified-cash-deposit-ratio approach,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 143-163, August.
- Michael Pickhardt & Jordi Sarda, . "The size of the underground economy in Germany: A correction of the record and new evidence from the Modified-Cash-Deposit-Ratio approach," Working Papers 201036, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Pickhardt, Michael & Sarda, Jordi, 2010. "The size of the underground economy in Germany: A correction of the record and new evidence from the Modified-Cash-Deposit-Ratio approach," CAWM Discussion Papers 36, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Pickhardt, Michael & Sardà Pons, Jordi, 2010. "The size of the underground economy in Germany: A correction of the record and new evidence from the Modified-Cash-deposit-Ratio approach," Working Papers 2072/148479, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lukas Wnuk Lipinski) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Lukas Wnuk Lipinski to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.