Expectations, information and dynamics
In: Handbook of Agricultural Economics
AbstractThe role of expectations in the empirical analysis of agricultural supply is examined under the assumption of separation of expectations and constraints in dynamic decision making. Extrapolative, adaptive, implicit, rational and quasi-rational, and futures-based models of expectation formation are discussed. Empirical and experimental evidence for and against various models of expectation is summarized.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Agricultural Economics with number 1-03.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q00 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Umarov, Alisher & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2005. "Farmers' Subjective Yield Distributions: Calibration and Implications for Crop Insurance Valuation," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19396, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kristofersson, Dadi & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2005. "High-Grading in a Quota-Regulated Fishery, with Empirical Evidence from the Icelandic Cod Fishery," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24722, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kanwar, Sunil, 2006. "Relative profitability, supply shifters and dynamic output response, in a developing economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 67-88, January.
- Femenia, Fabienne & Gohin, Alexandre, 2010.
"On The Optimal Implementation Of Agricultural Policy Reforms,"
Proceedings Issues, 2010: Climate Change in World Agriculture: Mitigation, Adaptation, Trade and Food Security, June 2010, Stuttgart- Hohenheim, Germany
91285, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Féménia, Fabienne & Gohin, Alexandre, 2013. "On the optimal implementation of agricultural policy reforms," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 61-74.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2007.
"Price Incentives, Nonprice factors, and Crop Supply Response: The Indian Cash Crops,"
- Sunil Kanwar, 2004. "Price Incentives, Nonprice factors, and Crop Supply Response:The Indian Cash Crops," Working papers 132, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Pouliot, Sebastien, 2008. "Estimating the Costs and Benefits of Cattle Traceability: the Case of the Quebec Cattle Traceability System," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6522, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kim, Yun-Shik & Sumner, Daniel A., 2005. "Measuring Research Benefits With Import Ban Restrictions, Quality Changes, Non-Market Influences On Adoption And Food Security Incentives," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19148, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Femenia, Fabienne & Alexandre, Gohin, 2009.
"Dynamic modelling of agricultural policies: the role of expectation schemes,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51665, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Féménia, Fabienne & Gohin, Alexandre, 2011. "Dynamic modelling of agricultural policies: The role of expectation schemes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1950-1958, July.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2004. "Relative Profitability, Supply Shifters and Dynamic Output Response:The Indian Foodgrains," Working papers 133, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Catherine Hausman, 2012. "Biofuels and Land Use Change: Sugarcane and Soybean Acreage Response in Brazil," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 163-187, February.
- Mark W. Nichols & Michael J. Radzicki, 2007. "An Agent-Based Model of Behavior in “Beauty Contest” Games," Working Papers 07-010, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics & University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Meszaros, Sandor, 2008. "Theory testing (hypothesis testing) in agricultural economics," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, issue 107, March.
- Mosnier, C. & Agabriel, J. & Lherm, M. & Reynaud, A., 2009. "A dynamic bio-economic model to simulate optimal adjustments of suckler cow farm management to production and market shocks in France," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 77-88, October.
- Fabienne Féménia & Alexandre Gohin, 2010. "Faut-il une intervention publique pour stabiliser les marchés agricoles ? Revue des questions non résolues," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 91(4), pages 435-456.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.