Experimental Evidence on the Existence of Hypothetical Bias in Value Elicitation Methods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Experimental Economics Results with number 5-81.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780444826428
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noussair, C.N. & Soest, D.P. van, 2014. "Economic Experiments and Environmental Policy: A Review," Discussion Paper 2014-001, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Grösche, Peter & Schröder, Carsten, 2010.
"Elicting public support for greening the electricity mix using random parameter techniques,"
Economics Working Papers
2010,02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Grösche, Peter & Schröder, Carsten, 2011. "Eliciting public support for greening the electricity mix using random parameter techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 363-370, March.
- Peter Grösche & Carsten Schröder, 2010. "Eliciting Public Support for Greening the Electricity Mix Using Random Parameter Techniques," Ruhr Economic Papers 0233, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Vanja Westerberg & Robert Lifran & Søren Bøye Olsen, 2008.
"To restore or not? A valuation of social and ecological functions of the Marais des Baux wetland in Southern France,"
08-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2011.
- Westerberg, Vanja Holmquist & Lifran, Robert & Olsen, Søren Bøye, 2010. "To restore or not? A valuation of social and ecological functions of the Marais des Baux wetland in Southern France," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2383-2393, October.
- Vanja Westerberg & Robert Lifran & Soren Boye Olsen, 2010. "To restore or not? A valuation of social and ecological functions of the Marais des Baux wetland in Southern France," Working Papers 39687, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Fifer, Simon & Rose, John & Greaves, Stephen, 2014. "Hypothetical bias in Stated Choice Experiments: Is it a problem? And if so, how do we deal with it?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 164-177.
- Ondřej Rydval & Andreas Ortmann & Sasha Prokosheva & Ralph Hertwig, 2009.
"How certain is the uncertainty effect?,"
Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 473-487, December.
- James J. Murphy & Thomas H. Stevens & Lava Yadav, 2010.
"A Comparison of Induced Value and Home-Grown Value Experiments to Test for Hypothetical Bias in Contingent Valuation,"
2010-06, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- James Murphy & Thomas Stevens & Lava Yadav, 2010. "A Comparison of Induced Value and Home-Grown Value Experiments to Test for Hypothetical Bias in Contingent Valuation," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 111-123, September.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Svensson, Mikael, 2012. "The value of a statistical life in Sweden: A review of the empirical literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 302-310.
- Mark A. Andor & Manuel Frondel & Colin Vance, 2014. "Diskussionspapier: Zahlungsbereitschaft für grünen Strom – Die Kluft zwischen Wunsch und Wirklichkeit," RWI Materialien, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, pages 27, 05.
- Hensher, David A., 2010. "Hypothetical bias, choice experiments and willingness to pay," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 735-752, July.
- Holden, Stein, 2013. "High discount rates: - An artifact caused by poorly framed experiments or a result of people being poor and vulnerable?," CLTS Working Papers 8/13, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Krawczyk, Michał, 2012. "Testing for hypothetical bias in willingness to support a reforestation program," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 282-289.
- BONAN Jacopo & LEMAY-BOUCHER Philippe & TENIKUE Michel, 2013. "Household's willingness to pay for health microinsurance and its impact on actual take-up: results from a field experiment in Senegal," CEPS/INSTEAD Working Paper Series 2013-15, CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Baker, Rick & Ruting, Brad, 2014. "Environmental Policy Analysis: A Guide to Non‑Market Valuation," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Maquarie, Australia 165810, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Takashi Oshio & Shinpei Sano & Yuko Ueno & Kouichiro Mino, 2008. "Evaluations by parents of education reforms: Evidence from a parent survey in Japan," Discussion Papers 0821, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Demont, Matty & Rutsaert, Pieter & Ndour, Maimouna & Verbeke, Wim, 2013. "Reversing Urban Bias in African Rice Markets: Evidence from Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 63-74.
- Glenn Blomquist & Karen Blumenschein & Magnus Johannesson, 2009. "Eliciting Willingness to Pay without Bias using Follow-up Certainty Statements: Comparisons between Probably/Definitely and a 10-point Certainty Scale," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(4), pages 473-502, August.
- Sérgio Almeida De Sousa & Marcos De Almeida Rangel, 2014. "Do As I Do, Not As I Say: Incentivization And The Relationship Between Cognitive Ability And Riskaversion," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 126, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.