Structural Econometric Modeling: Rationales and Examples from Industrial Organization
In: Handbook of Econometrics
AbstractThis chapter explains the logic of structural econometric models and compares them to other types of econometric models. We provide a framework researchers can use to develop and evaluate structural econometric models. This framework pays particular attention to describing different sources of unobservables in structural models. We use our framework to evaluate several literatures in industrial organization economics, including the literatures dealing with market power, product differentiation, auctions, regulation and entry.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Econometrics with number 6a-64.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Letort, Elodie & Carpentier, Alain, 2009.
"Endogeneity of acreage choices in input allocation equations: implied problems and a solution,"
2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
49217, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carpentier, Alain & Letort, Elodie, 2011. "Endogeneity of Acreage Choices in Input Allocation Equation: Implied Problems and a Solution," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114386, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Requillart, Vincent & Simioni, Michel & Varela Irimia, Xose Luis, 2008.
"Imperfect competition in the fresh tomato industry,"
2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium
44279, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hadj Djelloul, Mohammed & Requillart, Vincent & Simioni, Michel, 2008. "Imperfect competition in the fresh tomato industry," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6682, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Réquillart, Vincent & Simioni, Michel & Varela-Irimia, Xose-Luis, 2008. "Imperfect Competition in the Fresh Tomato Industry," IDEI Working Papers 498, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 25 Feb 2009.
- Linden, Mikael & Peltola-Ojala, Päivi, 2010. "The deregulation effects of Finnish electricity markets on district heating prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1191-1198, September.
- Gustavo A. Crespi & Alessandro Maffioli & Pierre Mohnen & Gonzalo Vázquez, 2011. "Evaluating the Impact of Science, Technology and Innovation Programs: a Methodological Toolkit," SPD Working Papers 1104, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Strategic Planning and Development Effectiveness (SPD).
- Richard Schmalensee, 2012. "“On a Level with Dentists?” Reflections on the Evolution of Industrial Organization," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 157-179, November.
- Van Cayseele, Patrick & Wuyts, Christophe, 2007. "Cost efficiency in the European securities settlement and depository industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 3058-3079, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.