Economics Of Rivalry, Conflict And Cooperation
AbstractThis book offers an extensive and original study of the dynamics of rivalry, evolution of costly and violent conflicts, and potential cooperation among powerful players. It unravels the special features of the global socio-economic system that can make it extremely fragile and vulnerable. It serves as a good reference source for anyone interested in some of the pressing and emerging problems of the global system, such as intra-national and interethnic conflicts, climate change challenges, poverty and terrorism, and provides useful and rigorous insights into the collective bid to resolve some of these problems. Written in a simple and accessible manner, this book will help researchers and policy makers in understanding and abetting costly conflicts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its series World Scientific Books with number 7527 and published in 2010.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations and International Political Economy - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.