Under New Ownership : Privatizing China's State-Owned Enterprises
AbstractThis publication is organized as follows: Chapter 1, discuses China's industrial system: where it is now, where it should be headed, and why. Chapter 2, contains reform in China. Chapter 3, discusses the accelerated change in enterprise ownership 1997-2003. Chapter 4, covers Chinese ownership reform in the East European mirror. Chapter 5, discusses assessing the effects of ownership reform in China. Chapter 6, considers making privatization work.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 7399 and published in 2005.
Economic Theory and Research Banks and Banking Reform Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Investment and Investment Climate State Owned Enterprise Reform Enterprise Development and Reform Private Sector Development Finance and Financial Sector Development Public Sector Development;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2010. "The Institutional Foundations of China’s Reforms and Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 7654, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andersson, Fredrik N.G. & Edgerton, David L. & Opper, Sonja, 2013.
"A Matter of Time: Revisiting Growth Convergence in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 239-251.
- Andersson, Fredrik N. G. & Edgerton, David & Opper, Sonja, 2011. "A Matter of Time: Revisiting Growth Convergence in China," Working Papers 2011:23, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 01 Mar 2012.
- Gao, Song, 2010. "Impacts of Restructurings on Manufacturing Productive Efficiency: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 24766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Greenaway & Alessandra Guariglia & Zhihong Yu, . "The More the Better? Foreign Ownership and Corporate Performance in China," Discussion Papers 09/05, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Gao, Song, 2010. "Privatization, Soft Budget Constraint, and Social Burdens: A Random-Effects Stochastic Frontier Analysis on Chinese Manufacturing Technical Efficiency," MPRA Paper 24765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Shiyi & Santos-Paulino, Amelia U., 2010. "Energy Consumption and Carbon Emission-Based Productivity Change and Industrialization in Post-Reform," Working Paper Series wp2010-78, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2012.
"From Divergence to Convergence: Re-evaluating the History Behind China's Economic Boom,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd11-217, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2012. "From divergence to convergence: re-evaluating the history behind China’s economic boom," Economic History Working Papers 41660, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas, 2013. "From Divergence to Convergence: Re-evaluating the History Behind China’s Economic Boom," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 116, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2013. "From divergence to convergence: re-evaluating the history behind China’s economic boom," Economic History Working Papers 50816, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Yusuf, Shahid & Nabeshima, Kaoru & Wei Ha, 2007. "What makes cities healthy ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4107, The World Bank.
- Yusuf, Shahid & Nabeshima, Kaoru, 2006. "Two decades of reform : the changing organization dynamics of Chinese industrial firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3806, The World Bank.
- Shahid Yusuf & Angus Deaton & Kemal Dervis & William Easterly & Takatoshi Ito & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2009. "Development Economics through the Decades : A Critical Look at 30 Years of the World Development Report," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2586, March.
- Szelenyi, Ivan, 2010. "The New Grand Bourgeoisie under Post-Communism: Central Europe, Russia and China Compared," Working Paper Series wp2010-63, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.