Impact Evaluation in Practice
AbstractThe Impact Evaluation in Practice handbook is a comprehensive and accessible introduction to impact evaluation for policymakers and development practitioners. The book incorporates real-world examples to present practical guidelines for designing and implementing evaluations. Readers will gain an understanding of the uses of impact evaluation and the best ways to use evaluations to design policies and programs that are based on evidence of what works most effectively. The handbook is divided into three sections: Part One discusses what to evaluate and why; Part Two outlines the theoretical underpinnings of impact evaluation; and Part Three examines how to implement an evaluation. Case studies illustrate different methods for carrying out impact evaluations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 2550 and published in 2011.
Poverty Reduction - Poverty Impact Evaluation Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Monitoring and Evaluation Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Systems Development & Reform Science Education Poverty Reduction - Poverty Monitoring & Analysis Education Health; Nutrition and Population;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Martorano & Marco Sanfilippo & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2012. "Innovative Features in Conditional Cash Transfers: An impact evaluation of Chile Solidario on households and children," Innocenti Working Papers inwopa656, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Bensch, Gunther & Peters, Jörg & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2012.
"Impact evaluation of productive use—An implementation guideline for electrification projects,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 186-195.
- Gunther Bensch & Jörg Peters, 2011. "Impact Evaluation of Productive Use – An Implementation Guideline for Electrifi cation Projects," Ruhr Economic Papers 0279, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Primoz Dolenc & Andraz Grum & Suzana Laporsek, 2012. "The Effect Of Financial/Economic Crisis On Firm Performance In Slovenia â€“ A Micro Level, Difference-In-Differences Approach," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(2), pages 207-222.
- Michael Clemens, Gabriel Demombynes, 2013. "The New Transparency in Development Economics: Lessons from the Millennium Villages Controversy," Working Papers 342, Center for Global Development.
- Jan Bruha & Michal Hlavacek & Lubos Komarek, 2013. "Impacts of housing prices on the financial position of households," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes, in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2012/2013, chapter 0, pages 120-127 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Obare, Francis & Warren, Charlotte & Abuya, Timothy & Askew, Ian & Bellows, Ben, 2014. "Assessing the population-level impact of vouchers on access to health facility delivery for women in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 183-189.
- Sara Johansson de Silva & Pierella Paci & Josefina Posadas, 2014. "Lessons Learned and Not Yet Learned from a Multicountry Initiative on Women's Economic Empowerment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 16377, March.
- Cadot, Olivier & Fernandes, Ana & Gourdon, Julien & Mattoo, Aaditya & de Melo, Jaime, 2014.
"Evaluating aid for trade : a survey of recent studies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6742, The World Bank.
- Olivier Cadot & Ana Fernandes & Julien Gourdon & Aaditya Mattoo & Jaime de Melo, 2013. "Evaluating Aid for Trade: A Survey of Recent Studies," Working Papers 2013-33, CEPII research center.
- Barrientos, Armando & Villa, Juan M., 2013. "Evaluating antipoverty transfer programmes in Latin America and sub-Saharan Africa: Better policies? Better politics?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Henrik Hansen & Ninja Ritter Klejnstrup & Ole Winckler Andersen, 2011. "A Comparison of Model-based and Design-based Impact Evaluations of Interventions in Developing Countries," IFRO Working Paper 2011/16, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Gluschenko, Konstantin, 2011.
"Оценка Эффективности Транспортных Проектов: Опыт И Проблемы
[Transport project appraisal: Experience and problems]," MPRA Paper 34096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McClintock, Anthea & Malcolm, Bill & Crean, Jason & Jackson, Tom & Heath, James, 2013. "Pragmatic Selection of R,D&E Investments in Primary Industries," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152169, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Pedraja Chaparro, Francisco & Santín González, Daniel & Simancas Rodríguez, Rosa, 2013. "The Impact of Immigrant Concentration in Schools on Grade Retention in Spain: a Difference-in-Differences Approach," MPRA Paper 46888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quintano, Claudio & Mazzocchi, Paolo, 2013. "The shadow economy beyond European public governance," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 650-670.
- Dena Ringold & Alaka Holla & Margaret Koziol & Santhosh Srinivasan, 2012. "Citizens and Service Delivery : Assessing the Use of Social Accountability Approaches in the Human Development Sectors," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2377, March.
- Felix Meier zu Selhausen & Erik Stam, 2013. "Husbands and Wives. The powers and perils of participation in a microfinance cooperative for female entrepreneurs," Working Papers 13-10, Utrecht School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.