Imports, Exports, and Jobs: What Does Trade Mean for Employment and Job Loss?
AbstractKletzer adds to our understanding of the magnitude of the costs and benefits of free trade. She presents a focused examination of the relationship between changes in international trade, employment, and job displacement for a sample of U.S. manufacturing industries. The link between international trade and domestic jobs is also explored through studies of both net and gross employment job change.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number iej and published in 2002.
ISBN: paper 9780880992473
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
trade; international trade; free trade; job loss; worker dislocation; NAFTA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Z. Schochet & Ronald D'Amico & Jillian Berk & Sarah Dolfin & Nathan Wozny, 2012. "Estimated Impacts for Participants in the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program Under the 2002 Amendments," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7736, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Ronald D'Amico & Peter Z. Schochet, 2012. "The Evaluation of the Trade Adjustment Assistance Program: A Synthesis of Major Findings," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7742, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Elia, Stefano & Maggi, Elena & Mariotti, Ilaria, 2011. "Does the transport industry gain from manufacturing internationalization? An empirical investigation on the Italian regions," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 49, pages 53-74.
- Erhan Artuc, 2009.
"Intergenerational Effects of Trade Liberalization,"
2009 Meeting Papers
870, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Erhan Artuç, 2009. "Intergenerational Effects of Trade Liberalization," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0913, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Kletzer, Lori, 2003. "Trade-related Job Loss and Wage Insurance: A Synthetic Review," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt27w182ht, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Jillian Berk & Peter Z. Schochet, 2012. "Impact Estimates Regarding Nonparticipants in the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program Under the 2002 Amendments," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7735, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Rosario Crinò, 2007. "Offshoring, Multinationals and Labor Market: A Review of the Empirical Literature," KITeS Working Papers 196, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2007.
- Erhan Artuc & Shubham Chaudhuri & John McLaren, 2007.
"Trade Shocks and Labor Adjustment: A Structural Empirical Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
13465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erhan Artu� & Shubham Chaudhuri & John McLaren, 2010. "Trade Shocks and Labor Adjustment: A Structural Empirical Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 1008-45, June.
- Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael & Weber, Andrea, 2003.
"Sectoral Adjustment of Employment: The Impact of Outsourcing and Trade at the Micro Level,"
IZA Discussion Papers
921, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael & Weber, Andrea, 2003. "Sectoral Adjustment of Employment: The Impact of Outsourcing and Trade at the Micro Level," Economics Series 145, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 2006. "Comment on "We Can Work It Out: The Globalization of ICT-Enabled Services"," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in Services and Intangibles in the Era of Globalization, pages 325-328 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kletzer, Lori, 2003. "Trade-related Job Loss and Wage Insurance: A Synthetic Review," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt27w182ht, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.