The Measurement of Capital
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
AbstractHow is real capital measured by government statistical agencies? How could this measure be improved to correspond more closely to an economist's ideal measure of capital in economic analysis and prediction? It is possible to construct a single, reliable time series for all capital goods, regardless of differences in vintage, technological complexity, and rates of depreciation? These questions represent the common themes of this collection of papers, originally presented at a 1976 meeting of the Conference on Income and Wealth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by University of Chicago Press in its series National Bureau of Economic Research Books with number 9780226843001 and published in 1980.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://press.uchicago.edu
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erwin Diewert, 2009. "The aggregation of capital over vintages in a model of embodied technical progress," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-19, August.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1995. "Price and Volume Measures in the System of National Accounts," NBER Working Papers 5103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2003. "Measuring Capital," NBER Working Papers 9526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erwin Diewert & Dennis Fixler & Kimberly Zieschang, 2012.
"Problems with the Measurement of Banking Services in a National Accounting Framework,"
2012-25, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fixler, Dennis & Zieschang, Kimberly, 2012. "Problems with the Measurement of Banking Services in a National Accounting Framework," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2012-14, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 04 Apr 2012.
- W. Erwin Diewert & Ann Marie Smith, 1994. "Productivity Measurement for a Distribution Firm," NBER Working Papers 4812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2012. "Rejoinder to Gu on "Estimating Capital Input for Measuring Business Sector Multifactor Productivity Growth in Canada"," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 24, pages 63-72, Fall.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2001. "Which (Old) Ideas on Productivity Measurement Are Ready to Use?," NBER Chapters, in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 85-102 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masao Nakamura & Alice O. Nakamura & Peter Tiessen & W. Erwin Diewert, 2003. "Information failure as an alternative explanation of under investment in R&D," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2-3), pages 231-239.
- Erwin W. Diewert, 2010. "User Costs versus Waiting Services and Depreciation in a Model of Production," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 230(6), pages 759-771, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Books Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.