The New Industrial Organization: Market Forces and Strategic Behavior
AbstractThis timely book surveys and illuminates the recent literature on industrial organization by contrasting the analyses based on the idea of "natural" adaptation of industry to environmental conditions and those that focus on the "strategic" dimension and manipulation of environment. Among the topics dealt with are the sociobiology of economic organizations and such allied issues as evolutionary economics, natural selection, and adaptation; game-theoretic models of strategic behavior; and the social, political, and legal implications of industrial policy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The MIT Press in its series MIT Press Books with number 0262600145 and published in 1987.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu
industrial organization; sociobiology; evolutionary economics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L0 - Industrial Organization - - General
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reuveny, Rafael & Maxwell, John W. & Davis, Jefferson, 2011. "On conflict over natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 698-712, February.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Luca Papi & Alberto Zazzaro, 2003.
"Banks, regions and development,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 56(224), pages 23-55.
- Pietro ALESSANDRINI & Luca PAPI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2002.
"Banche, territorio e sviluppo,"
Working Papers, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali
175, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Tomer, John F., 1995. "Strategy and structure in the human firm: Beyond hierarchy, toward flexibility and integration," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 411-431.
- Winther, K. Tobias, 2008. "Analyzing new profit opportunities: a guide to making business projects financially successful," MPRA Paper 11346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rafael Reuveny & John W. Maxwell, . "Conflict and Renewable Resources," Working Papers, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy 2004-26, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.