Gouvernance, détresse économique et performance des entreprises libanaises
AbstractThis research examines the relationship between corporate governance in Lebanon and performance in financially economically distressed companies. Working under the auspices of agency theory assumption that decline is a situation where deteriorating performance exemplifies the deviation in managerial efforts to satisfy the shareholders’ interests. Firms enter economic and financial distress as the result of economic distress, declines in their performance and poor management. The first research question focuses on the influence of declining performance on changes in the corporate governance mechanism. Relationships between corporate governance characteristics and financial distress status are examined within a sample of Lebanese firms that leads to a conclusion stating that the board of director’s characteristics explain financial distress, beyond an exclusive reliance on financial indicators.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/13270 and published in 2013.
Détresse financière; Gouvernance; Performance; Faillite; Financial distress; Corporate governance; Performance; Bankruptcy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.