Price and Quantity Index Numbers
AbstractPrice and quantity indices are important, much-used measuring instruments, and it is therefore necessary to have a good understanding of their properties. When it was published, this book was the first comprehensive text on index number theory since Irving Fisher's 1922 The Making of Index Numbers. The book covers intertemporal and interspatial comparisons; ratio- and difference-type measures; discrete and continuous time environments; and upper- and lower-level indices. Guided by economic insights, this book develops the instrumental or axiomatic approach. There is no role for behavioural assumptions. In addition to subject matter chapters, two entire chapters are devoted to the rich history of the subject.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521889070 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ludwig Auer, 2012. "Räumliche Preisvergleiche: Aggregationskonzepte und Forschungsperspektiven," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 27-56, December.
- Peter von der Lippe, 2013. "Recurrent Price Index Problems and Some Early German Papers on Index Numbers," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 233(3), pages 336-366, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Hong Ma & J. Peter Neary & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2013.
"Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 123(12), pages 1100-1129, December.
- Peter Neary & Robert C. Feenstra, 2011. "Who Shrunk China?� Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP," Economics Series Working Papers 566, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Feenstra, Robert & Ma, Hong & Neary, J Peter & Rao, DS Prasada, 2011. "Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP," CEPR Discussion Papers 8592, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Hong Ma & J. Peter Neary & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2012. "Who Shrunk China? Puzzles in the Measurement of Real GDP," NBER Working Papers 17729, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jens Mehrhoff, 2010. "Aggregate Indices and Their Corresponding Elementary Indices," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 230(6), pages 709-725, December.
- Bert M. Balk, 2010. "Lowe and Cobb-Douglas Consumer Price Indices and their Substitution Bias," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 230(6), pages 726-740, December.
- Picazo-Tadeo, Andrés J. & Castillo-Giménez, Juana & Beltrán-Esteve, Mercedes, 2014. "An intertemporal approach to measuring environmental performance with directional distance functions: Greenhouse gas emissions in the European Union," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 173-182.
- Ebrahim Hosseini Nasab & Robab Aalami & Shermineh Foroughi Dahr & Mohammad Amin Sadeghzadeh, 2012. "An Analysis of Energy Consumption in Transportation and Industrial Sectors- a Multiplicative LMDI Approach with Application to Iran," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 17(2), pages 1-17, spring.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2009. "Cost of Living Indexes and Exact Index Numbers," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-6, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 13 Feb 2009.
- Falbo, Paolo & Fattore, Marco & Stefani, Silvana, 2010. "A new index for electricity spot markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2739-2750, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.