Monetary and Fiscal Policies in EMU
AbstractEurope's Economic and Monetary Union (EMU) is unlike any other case of monetary unification in history. Here, sovereign countries retain a large degree of fiscal autonomy while monetary policy is centralised and entrusted to an independent central bank - the European Central Bank - with a clear mandate to preserve price stability. By bringing together leading scholars and policy makers this comprehensive book examines and reviews the challenges that are facing economic policies in the EMU today. Blending theoretical and policy analyses, the chapters explore and examine the co-ordination of macroeconomic policies to EMU's fiscal policy rules in view of EU enlargement; the interplay between supply side reforms and stabilisation policy; the empirics of monetary and fiscal behaviour; policy making under uncertainty and the international dimension of policy spillovers. This fascinating book contributes to a deeper understanding of policy interactions in EMU, opening up new avenues for economic research and policy analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521832151 and published in 2003.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buti, Marco & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Franco, Daniele, 2005.
"The Stability Pact Pains: A Forward-Looking Assessment of the Reform Debate,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5216, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Buti, M. & Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Franco, D., 2005. "The Stability pact Pains: A Forward-Looking Assessment of the Reform Debate," Discussion Paper 2005-101, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Campbell Leith & Simon Wren-Lewis, 2005.
"Fiscal Stabilization Policy and Fiscal Institutions,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 584-597, Winter.
- Campbell Leith & Simon Wren-lewis, 2006. "Fiscal Stabilisation Policy and Fiscal Institutions," WEF Working Papers 0007, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.