Quantitative Models in Marketing Research
AbstractAdvances in data collection and data storage techniques have enabled marketing researchers to study the individual characteristics of a large range of transactions and purchases, in particular the effects of household-specific characteristics. This 2001 book presents important and practically relevant quantitative models for marketing research. Each model is presented in detail with a self-contained discussion, which includes: a demonstration of the mechanics of the model, empirical analysis, real world examples, and interpretation of results and findings. The reader of the book will learn how to apply the techniques, as well as understand the methodological developments in the academic literature. Pathways are offered in the book for students and practitioners with differing numerical skill levels; a basic knowledge of elementary numerical techniques is assumed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521801669 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dekimpe, M.G. & Hanssens, D.M. & Nijs, V.R. & Steenkamp, J-B.E.M., 2003. "Measuring Short- and Long-run Promotional Effectiveness on Scanner Data Using Persistence Modeling," Research Paper ERS-2003-087-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Jong, M.G. de, 2006. "Response Bias in International Marketing Research," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-189744, Tilburg University.
- Abdelfatah Ichou, 2010. "Modelling the Determinants of Job Creation: Microeconometric Models Accounting for Latent Entrepreneurial Ability," Scales Research Reports H201018, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Edwin Van Gameren & Michiel Ras & Evelien Eggink & Ingrid Ooms, 2005. "The demand for housing services in the Netherlands," ERSA conference papers ersa05p327, European Regional Science Association.
- Wezel, M.C. van & Potharst, R., 2005. "Improved customer choice predictions using ensemble methods," Econometric Institute Report EI 2005-08, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Romina Gambacorta & Maria Iannario, 2012. "Statistical models for measuring job satisfaction," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 852, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Björn Bünger, 2010. "The demand for relational goods: empirical evidence from the European Social Survey," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 177-198, June.
- Cleeren, Kathleen & Dekimpe, Marnik & Verboven, Frank, 2006.
"Competition in local-service sectors,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/97575, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Cleeren, Kathleen & Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Verboven, Frank, 2006. "Competition in local-service sectors," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-19770, Maastricht University.
- Prinz, Aloys & Bünger, Björn, 2009. "The decline of relational goods in the production of well-being?," CAWM Discussion Papers 21, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Clarijs, P. & Hogeling, B. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Heij, C., 2007. "Evaluation of survey effects in pre-election polls," Econometric Institute Report EI 2007-50, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Ginés Guirao Pérez & Victor Javier Cano Fernández & Marta Isabel López Yurda & María Carolina Rodríguez Donate & Margarita Esther Romero Rodríguez, 2004. "Relación entre la frecuencia de consumo de vino y algunas características socioeconómicas de los individuos," Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC 2004-01, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC.
- Fok, D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Paap, R., 2001. "Econometric Analysis of the Market Share Attraction Model," Research Paper ERS-2001-25-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Lemmens, Aurélie & Croux, Christophe, 2006. "Bagging and boosting classification trees to predict churn," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/85456, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Jonker, J-J. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Piersma, N., 2002. "Evaluating Direct Marketing Campaigns: recent findings and future research topics," Research Paper ERS-2002-26-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Ben Youssef, Adel & Dahmani, Mounir & Omrani, Nessrine, 2012. "Students' e-skills, organizational change and diversity of learning processs: Evidence from French universities in 2010," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-031, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Zhao, Li & Tian, Peng & Xiangyong Li, 2012. "Dynamic pricing in the presence of consumer inertia," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 137-148, April.
- Heij, C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2010. "Correcting for Survey Effects in Pre-election Polls," Econometric Institute Report EI 2010-20, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.
- Sloot, L.M. & Verhoef, P.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2002. "The impact of brand and category characteristics on consumer stock-out reactions," Research Paper ERS-2002-106-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Bijmolt, Tammo H.A. & BlÃ¶meke, Eva & Clement, Michel, 2010. "Should they stay or should they go? Reactivation and Termination of Low-Tier Customers: Effects on Satisfaction, Word-of-Mouth, and Purchases," Research Report 10008, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Defrancesco, Edi, 2002. "The Beginning Of Organic Fish Farming In Italy," Working Papers 14367, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Bas Donkers & Peter Verhoef & Martijn Jong, 2007. "Modeling CLV: A test of competing models in the insurance industry," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 163-190, June.
- Robert Kaplon, 2006. "A retrospective review of categorical data analysis – theory and marketing practice," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 55-72.
- Perez, G. Guirao & Fernandez, V. Cano & Yurda, M.I. Lopez & Donate, M.C. Rodriguez, 2002. "Socioeconomic Factors and the Consumption of Wine in Tenerife," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24798, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.