The Econometric Modelling of Financial Time Series
AbstractTerence Mills' best-selling graduate textbook provides detailed coverage of research techniques and findings relating to the empirical analysis of financial markets. In its previous editions it has become required reading for many graduate courses on the econometrics of financial modelling. This third edition, co-authored with Raphael Markellos, contains a wealth of material reflecting the developments of the last decade. Particular attention is paid to the wide range of nonlinear models that are used to analyse financial data observed at high frequencies and to the long memory characteristics found in financial time series. The central material on unit root processes and the modelling of trends and structural breaks has been substantially expanded into a chapter of its own. There is also an extended discussion of the treatment of volatility, accompanied by a new chapter on nonlinearity and its testing.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521710091 and published in 2008.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang, Shi-jie & Nieh, Chien-Chung, 2012. "Dynamics of underwriting profits: Evidence from the U.S. insurance market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-15.
- Daskalakis, George & Symeonidis, Lazaros & Markellos, Raphael, 2009.
"Does the weather affect stock market volatility?,"
34128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Humala & Gabriel Rodriguez, 2011.
"Some Stylized Facts of Returns in the Foreign Exchange and Stock Markets in Peru,"
Documentos de Trabajo
2011-325, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Alberto Humala & Gabriel Rodriguez, 2013. "Some stylized facts of return in the foreign exchange and stock markets in Peru," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(2), pages 139-158, April.
- Humala, Alberto & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2010. "Some stylized facts of returns in the foreign exchange and stock markets in Peru," Working Papers 2010-017, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Daskalakis, George & Markellos, Raphael N., 2009. "Are electricity risk premia affected by emission allowance prices? Evidence from the EEX, Nord Pool and Powernext," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2594-2604, July.
- Koenig, P., 2011. "Modelling Correlation in Carbon and Energy Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1123, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Azar, Samih Antoine, 2010. "Testing the Expectations Hypothesis on Corporate Bond Yields," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 6(1-2).
- Duan, Qihong & Wei, Ying & Chen, Zhiping, 2014. "Relationship between the benchmark interest rate and a macroeconomic indicator," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 220-226.
- John Pawley & Ernst Juerg Weber, 2011. "Investment And Technical Progress In The G7 Countries And Australia," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 11-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Mircea ASANDULUI, 2012. "On forecasting stock options volatility: evidence from London international financial futures and options exchange," Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara, Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara, vol. 0, pages 505-511, May.
- Sara Cecchetti & Laura Sigalotti, 2013. "Forward-looking robust portfolio selection," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 913, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mircea ASANDULUI, 2012. "A Multi-Horizon Comparison Of Volatility Forecasts: An Application To Stock Options Traded At Euronext Exchange Amsterdam," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 10, pages 179-190, December.
- Slawomir Ireneusz Bukowski, 2013. "The Degree of the Polish and Slovak equity market integration with the euro area equity market," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 115/2013, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Manuel Landajo & María Presno, 2013. "Nonparametric pseudo-Lagrange multiplier stationarity testing," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 125-147, February.
- Daskalakis, George & Psychoyios, Dimitris & Markellos, Raphael N., 2009. "Modeling CO2 emission allowance prices and derivatives: Evidence from the European trading scheme," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1230-1241, July.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Natán Goldberger, 2012. "Cubrir o no Cubrir: ¿Ese es el Dilema?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 662, Central Bank of Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.