AbstractThe process of globalization, evidenced by environmental change, migration, industrial relation and the extraordinary acceleration of industrial economic relations, has not led to increased convergence in the global economy. Rather, in some cases it has been accompanied by greater divergence between the fortunes of the world's richest and poorest nations. Professor Sylos Labini argues that mainstream economics provide limited help in considering these phenomena and instead adopts the perspectives of Adam Smith, David Riccardo and Malthus, who put economic growth at the centre of their analyses. In this short book he offers a fresh approach to the theory of economic growth and reminds us of the great variety of economic trajectories in developing countries. He further proposes a strategy of institutional reform to respond to the problem of underdevelopment. For Africa he recommends a strategy of organizational reforms, including a programme to eradicate illiteracy and to promote rural and industrial districts.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521588690 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2003.
"Blessing or Curse? Domestic Plants' Survival and Employment Prospects after Foreign Acquisitions,"
IZA Discussion Papers
706, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2001. "Blessing or Curse? Domestic Plants' Survival and Employment Prospects After Foreign Acquisition," CEPR Discussion Papers 2994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pablo Druck & Jorge M. Streb, 2001.
"Economic Development as a Matter of Political Geography,"
CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo.
182, Universidad del CEMA.
- Jorge M.Streb & Pablo F.Druck, 2007. "Economic development as a matter of political geography," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(1 Year 20), pages 5-20, June.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2005.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Spillovers and Absorptive Capacity: Evidence from Quantile Regressions,"
Kiel Working Papers
1248, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2005. "Foreign direct investment, spillovers and absorptive capacity: evidence from quantile regressions," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,13, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Sourafel Girma, & Holger Görg, 2003. "Foreign direct investmant, spillovers and absorptive capacity: Evidence from quantile regressions," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp01, IIIS.
- Sourafel Girma, 2005.
"Absorptive Capacity and Productivity Spillovers from FDI: A Threshold Regression Analysis,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(3), pages 281-306, 06.
- Sourafel Girma, 2003. "Absorptive capacity and productivity spillovers From FDI: a threshold regression analysis," European Economy Group Working Papers 25, European Economy Group.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger GÃ¶rg, 2007. "The Role of the Efficiency Gap for Spillovers from FDI: Evidence from the UK Electronics and Engineering Sectors," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 215-232, April.
- repec:hal:cesptp:halshs-00606038 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wladimir Andreff, 2008. "Globalization of the sports economy," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 4(3), pages 13-32, Dicembre.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2006. "New Perspectives in Sports Economics: A European View," Working Papers 0605, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances & Samman, Emma, 2007.
"Country Patterns of Behavior on Broader Dimensions of Human Development,"
31, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Gustav Ranis, Frances Stewart and Emma Samman, . "Country Patterns of Behaviour on Broader Dimensions of Human Development," QEH Working Papers qehwps154, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Gu, Wulong & Baldwin, John R., 2005. "Global Links: Multinationals, Foreign Ownership and Productivity Growth in Canadian Manufacturing," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2005009e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2011. "Some comparative economics of the organization of sports: competition and regulation in north American vs. European professional team sports leagues," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 8(1), pages 3-27, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.