AbstractA systematic and comprehensive introduction to the study of nonlinear dynamical systems, in both discrete and continuous time, for nonmathematical students and researchers working in applied fields. An understanding of linear systems and the classical theory of stability are essential although basic reviews of the relevant material are provided. Further chapters are devoted to the stability of invariant sets, bifurcation theory, chaotic dynamics and the transition to chaos. In the final two chapters the authors approach the subject from a measure-theoretical point of view and compare results to those given for the geometrical or topological approach of the first eight chapters. Includes about one hundred exercises. A Windows-compatible software programme called DMC, provided free of charge through a website dedicated to the book, allows readers to perform numerical and graphical analysis of dynamical systems. Also available on the website are computer exercises and solutions to selected book exercises. See www.cambridge.org/economics/resources
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521558747 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bischi, Gian-Italo & Gallegati, Mauro & Gardini, Laura & Leombruni, Roberto & Palestrini, Antonio, 2006. "Herd Behavior And Nonfundamental Asset Price Fluctuations In Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 502-528, September.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Laura Gardini, 2004.
"Asset Price and Wealth Dynamics in a Financial Market with Heterogeneous Agents,"
Research Paper Series
134, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, Carl & Dieci, Roberto & Gardini, Laura, 2006. "Asset price and wealth dynamics in a financial market with heterogeneous agents," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1755-1786.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci, 2004. "Asset price and wealth dynamics in a financial market with heterogeneous agents," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 261, Society for Computational Economics.
- Anufriev, Mikhail & Bottazzi, Giulio, 2010. "Market equilibria under procedural rationality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 1140-1172, November.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Household income dynamics in rural China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2706, The World Bank.
- Anufriev, M. & Dindo, P.D.E., 2006.
"Equilibrium Return and Agents' Survival in a Multiperiod Asset Market: Analytic Support of a Simulation Model,"
CeNDEF Working Papers
06-03, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Pietro Dindo & Mikhail Anufriev, 2007. "Equilibrium Return and Agents' Survival in a Multiperiod Asset Market: Analytic Support of a Simulation Model," Working Papers wp07-03, Warwick Business School, Financial Econometrics Research Centre.
- Anufriev, M. & Dindo, P.D.E., 2007. "Wealth Selection in a Financial Market with Heterogeneous Agents," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-10, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Anufriev, Mikhail & Dindo, Pietro, 2010.
"Wealth-driven selection in a financial market with heterogeneous agents,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 327-358, March.
- Mikhail Anufriev & Pietro Dindo, 2007. "Wealth-driven Selection in a Financial Market with Heterogeneous Agents," LEM Papers Series 2007/27, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Mark Taylor & Ashoka Mody & Lucio Sarno, 2005.
"A Cross-Country Financial Accelorator: Evidence from North America and Europe,"
wp05-12, Warwick Business School, Financial Econometrics Research Centre.
- Mody, Ashoka & Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P., 2007. "A cross-country financial accelerator: Evidence from North America and Europe," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 149-165, February.
- Mody, Ashoka & Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2005. "A Cross-Country Financial Accelerator: Evidence from North America and Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 5037, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Franco Bevilacqua & Adriaan van Zon, 2002. "Random Walks and Non-Linear Paths in Macroeconomic Time Series: Some Evidence and Implications," Working Papers geewp22, Vienna University of Economics and B.A. Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Agliari, Anna & Dieci, Roberto & Gardini, Laura, 2007. "Homoclinic tangles in a Kaldor-like business cycle model," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 324-347, March.
- Anufriev, M. & Bottazzi, G., 2009. "Market Equilibria under Procedural Rationality (revised version of WP 06-02)," CeNDEF Working Papers 09-11, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.