Decisions with Multiple Objectives
AbstractMany of the complex problems faced by decision makers involve multiple conflicting objectives. This book describes how a confused decision maker, who wishes to make a reasonable and responsible choice among alternatives, can systematically probe his true feelings in order to make those critically important, vexing trade-offs between incommensurable objectives. The theory is illustrated by many real concrete examples taken from a host of disciplinary settings. The standard approach in decision theory or decision analysis specifies a simplified single objective like monetary return to maximise. By generalising from the single objective case to the multiple objective case, this book considerably widens the range of applicability of decision analysis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521438834 and published in 1993.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wolfgang Kürsten, 2003. "Grenzen und Reformbedarfe der Sicherheitsäquivalentmethode in der (traditionellen) Unternehmensbewertung - Erwiderung auf die Anmerkungen von Ralf Diedrich und Jörg Wiese in der ZfBF," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 03/2003, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Attila Ambrus & Kareen Rozen, 2012.
"Rationalizing Choice with Multi-Self Models,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
786969000000000512, David K. Levine.
- Attila Ambrus & Kareen Rozen, 2012. "Rationalizing Choice with Multi-Self Models," Working Papers 12-11, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Attila Ambrus & Kareen Rozen, 2008. "Rationalizing Choice with Multi-Self Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1670, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised May 2012.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Tibor Besedes & Cary Deck & Mikhael Shor, .
"Decision-making Strategies and Performance among Seniors,"
Departmental Working Papers
2011-08, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Besedeš, Tibor & Deck, Cary & Sarangi, Sudipta & Shor, Mikhael, 2012. "Decision-making strategies and performance among seniors," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 524-533.
- Maiwenn J. Al & Talitha L. Feenstra & Ben A. van Hout, 2005. "Optimal allocation of resources over health care programmes: dealing with decreasing marginal utility and uncertainty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 655-667.
- Ossadnik, Wolfgang & Lange, Oliver, 1999. "AHP-based evaluation of AHP-Software," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 578-588, November.
- Alan M. Garber, 1999. "Advances in Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Health Interventions," NBER Working Papers 7198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markus Hartikainen & Kaisa Miettinen & Margaret Wiecek, 2011. "Constructing a Pareto front approximation for decision making," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 209-234, April.
- D. Stratmann-Schoene & T. Kuehn & R. Kreienberg & R. Leidl, 2006. "A preference-based index for the SF-12," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 553-564.
- Doctor, Jason N. & Miyamoto, John & Bleichrodt, Han, 2009. "When are person tradeoffs valid?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 1018-1027, September.
- Tibor Besedes & Cary Deck & Sudipta Sarangi & Mikhael Shor, 2010.
"Age Effects and Heuristics in Decision Making,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1047, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Shiau, Tzay-An, 2013. "Evaluating sustainable transport strategies for the counties of Taiwan based on their degree of urbanization," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 101-108.
- Bernie J. O'Brien & Marian Spath & Gordon Blackhouse & J.L. Severens & Paul Dorian & John Brazier, 2003. "A view from the bridge: agreement between the SF-6D utility algorithm and the Health Utilities Index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 975-981.
- Failing, L. & Gregory, R. & Harstone, M., 2007. "Integrating science and local knowledge in environmental risk management: A decision-focused approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 47-60, October.
- Mersland, Roy & Strøm, R. Øystein, 2010. "Microfinance Mission Drift?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Beccacece, F. & Borgonovo, E., 2011. "Functional ANOVA, ultramodularity and monotonicity: Applications in multiattribute utility theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 326-335, April.
- Fedele Iannone, 2009. "Analisi multicriteria per la classificazione di possibili interventi di potenziamento logistico dell’Area vasta pometina secondo le dimensioni ACIT," Working Papers 0901, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- Prinz, Aloys & Bünger, Björn, 2012. "Balancing ‘full life’: An economic approach to the route to happiness," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 58-70.
- Kessler, Eric H. & Ford, Cameron M. & Bailey, James R., 1996. "Object valence as a moderator of the framing effect on risk preference," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 241-256, August.
- Mark J.C. Nuijten Md, Mba1 & Maiwenn Al Phd1, & Frans Rutten Phd1, 2006. "Inter-variable Uncertainty In Decision Analytic Modeling: The Concept Of Second-order Sensitivity/Incertidumbre Entre Variables En Modelos De Decisión Analítica: El Concepto De Sensibilidad De Segun," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 711-730, Diciembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.