Capital Theory and Dynamics
AbstractCapital theory and dynamics are cornerstones for almost every branch of economics. Except in a fictional world where the economies of yesterday, today, and tomorrow are identical, issues of capital formation and dynamic behaviour must always arise. Although the specialist literature is technically demanding, Professor Burmeister shows that its important results can be understood and their economic significance grasped by those who do not possess the "mathematical literacy" required to follow rigorous proofs. Even if future events are known with certainty, they still influence the current economic state. This is the pure role of time. That future events are not known with certainty adds another complexity. This book focuses mainly on the pure role of time.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521297035 and published in 1980.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert M. Solow, 2000.
"The neoclassical theory of growth and distribution,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 349-381.
- Robert M. Solow, 2000. "The neoclassical theory of growth and distribution," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 349-381.
- Luigi L. Pasinetti, 2000. "Critique of the neoclassical theory of growth and distribution," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 383-431.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 2013. "Towards a revision of the theory of capital," MPRA Paper 47351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edenhofer, Ottmar & Bauer, Nico & Kriegler, Elmar, 2005. "The impact of technological change on climate protection and welfare: Insights from the model MIND," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 277-292, August.
- Luigi Pasinetti, 2000. "Critica della teoria neoclassica della crescita e della distribuzione," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 53(210), pages 187-232.
- Vencatachellum, Desire, 1998. "Endogenous growth with strategic interactions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 233-254, September.
- Farmer, Roger E.A. & Lahiri, Amartya, 2005.
"Recursive preferences and balanced growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 61-77, November.
- Saverio M. Fratini, 2011. "The Hicks-Malinvaud average period of production and 'marginal productivity': a critical assessment," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0128, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Christiaans, Thomas, 2008. "International trade and industrialization in a non-scale model of economic growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 221-236, September.
- Qiu, Larry D. & Lai, Edwin L. -C., 2004. "Protection of trade for innovation: the roles of Northern and Southern Tariffs," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 449-470, December.
- Potestio, Paola, 1999. "The aggregate neoclassical theory of distribution and the concept of a given value of capital: towards a more general critique," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 381-394, December.
- Joseph Hanna, 2006. "Capital accumulation, overlapping generations and dynamic efficiency in pension funding," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 39-54.
- Luigi L. Pasinetti, 2000. "Critique of the neoclassical theory of growth and distribution," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 383-431.
- Petersen, Thomas & Faber, Malte, 2012. "Karl Marx: Herakles oder Sisyphos?Eine philosophische und ökonomische Untersuchung," Working Papers 0520, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Gutiérrez Huerta, María José & Iza Padilla, María Amaya & Agnani, Betty, 2004.
"Growth in Overlapping Generation Economies with Non-Renewable Resources,"
DFAEII Working Papers
2002-22, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Agnani, Betty & Gutierrez, Maria-Jose & Iza, Amaia, 2005. "Growth in overlapping generation economies with non-renewable resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 387-407, September.
- Antoine d'Autume, 1982. "L'introduction du temps dans la théorie de l'équilibre général," Cahiers d'Économie Politique, Programme National Persée, vol. 7(1), pages 93-127.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.