Asset Markets and Exchange Rates
AbstractThis paperback edition consists of the first three parts of Allen and Kenen's major book, Asset Markets, Exchange Rates, and Economic Integration. These three parts stand alone, as the authors intended and as reviewers have commented. In parts four and five of that volume they extend their model to two countries trading with the outside world and analyze questions of economic integration. The authors synthesize and extend recent developments in international monetary theory using a general model of an open economy that trades goods and assets with the outside world. The model embodies the asset market or portfolio approach to analyzing balance-of-payments adjustment. Exchange rates are determined in the short run by conditions in the asset markets and in the long run by conditions in the goods markets. The goods markets include an export good, and import good, and a nontradeable good. Allen and Kenen show that different assumptions about the substitutability between goods or between assets can generate several popular models as special cases of their own.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521274067 and published in 1983.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schüder, Stefan, 2011.
"Monetary policy trade-offs in a portfolio model with endogenous asset supply,"
32019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schüder, Stefan, 2012. "Monetary Policy Trade-Offs in a Portfolio Model with Endogenous Asset Supply," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 65402, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:got:cegedp:127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schüder, Stefan, 2011. "Monetary policy trade-offs in a portfolio model with endogenous asset supply," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 127, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Marois, William, 1986. "Théorie du déséquilibre et politique économique en économie ouverte," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 62(2), pages 257-288, juin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.