Political Power and Economic Policy
AbstractThis book analyzes the links between political economics, governance structures and the distribution of political power in economic policy making. The book theoretically explains and empirically quantifies these interactions. The analysis includes both public good policies and redistributive policies. Part I of the book presents the conceptual foundations of political-economic bargaining and interest group analysis. After presenting the underlying theory, Part II of the book examines ideology, prescription and political power coefficients; Part III analyzes a number of specific structures; and Part IV presents a framework for political econometrics with a number of empirical applications and testable hypotheses. In all four parts of the book, four analytical dimensions of public policy are distinguished: governance structures, political economy, mechanism design and incidence.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521148009 and published in 2012.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2013.
"Estimating Effects of Price-Distorting Policies Using Alternative Distortions Databases,"
Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling,
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2012. "Estimating effects of price-distorting policies using alternative distortions databases," CEPR Discussion Papers 9083, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 2012. "Estimating Effects of Price-distorting Policies Using Alternative Distortions Databases," Departmental Working Papers 2012-09, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Antinori, Camille M. & Rausser, Gordon C., 2010.
"The Mexican Common Property Forestry Sector,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt8qh479p8, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Bullock, David S., 2012. "Dangers of Using Political Preference Functions in Political Economy Analysis: Examples from U.S. Ethanol Policy," Congress Papers 124118, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.