Essays in Panel Data Econometrics
AbstractThis volume collects seven of Marc Nerlove's previously published, classic essays on panel data econometrics written over the past thirty-five years, together with a cogent new essay on the history of the subject, which began with George Biddell Airey's monograph published in 1861. Since Professor Nerlove's 1966 Econometrica paper with Pietro Balestra, panel data and methods of econometric analysis appropriate to such data have become increasingly important in the discipline. The principal factors in the research environment affecting the future course of panel data econometrics are the phenomenal growth in the computational power available to the individual researcher at his or her desktop and the ready availability of data sets, both large and small, via the Internet. The best way to formulate statistical models for inference is motivated and shaped by substantive problems and understanding of the processes generating the data at hand to resolve them. The essays illustrate both the role of the substantive context in shaping appropriate methods of inference and the increasing importance of computer-intensive methods.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521022460 and published in 2005.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvio Rendón, 2002.
"Fixed and random effects in Classical and Bayesian regression,"
Economics Working Papers
613, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Silvio R. Rendon, 2013. "Fixed and Random Effects in Classical and Bayesian Regression," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(3), pages 460-476, 06.
- Silvio Rendón, 2002. "Fixed And Random Effects In Classical And Bayesian Regression," Economics Working Papers we021503, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Raja Chakir & Alain Bousquet & Norbert Ladoux, 2004.
"Modeling corner solutions with panel data: Application to the industrial energy demand in France,"
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 193-208, January.
- Bousquet, Alain & Chakir, Raja & Ladoux, Norbert, 2003. "Modeling Corner Solutions with Panel Data: Application to the Industrial Energy Demand in France," IDEI Working Papers 230, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Juarez, Miguel A. & Steel, Mark F. J., 2006. "Model-based Clustering of non-Gaussian Panel Data," MPRA Paper 880, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Delis, Manthos D & Kouretas, Georgios, 2010.
"Interest rates and bank risk-taking,"
20132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Horváth, Roman & Horváthová, Eva, 2008.
"Corporate Interest Rates and the Financial Accelerator in the Czech Republic,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
7191, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Roman HorvÃƒÂ¡th & Eva HorvÃƒÂ¡thovÃƒÂ¡, 2010. "Corporate Interest Rates and the Financial Accelerator in the Czech Republic," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(4), pages 41-54, January.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis P. & Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Matthaios D., 2008.
"Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-136, April.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Brissimis, Sophocles & Delis, Matthaios, 2005. "Bank-specific, industry-specific and macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability," MPRA Paper 32026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Sophocles N. Brissimis & Matthaios D. Delis, 2005. "Bank-Specific, Industry-Specific and Macroeconomic Determinants of Bank Profitability," Working Papers 25, Bank of Greece.
- Aquaro, M., 2013. "Pairwise difference estimation of linear panel data," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5904974, Tilburg University.
- Agoraki, Maria-Eleni & Delis, Manthos D & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2009.
"Regulations, competition and bank risk-taking in transition countries,"
16495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agoraki, Maria-Eleni K. & Delis, Manthos D. & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2011. "Regulations, competition and bank risk-taking in transition countries," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 38-48, January.
- Cheng Hsiao, 2007.
"Panel data analysis—advantages and challenges,"
TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis, 2009. "On-site audits, sanctions, and bank risk-taking: An empirical overture towards a novel regulatory and supervisory philosophy," MPRA Paper 16836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Staehr, Karsten, 2003.
"Reforms and economic growth in transition economies: Complementarity, sequencing and speed,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
1/2003, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Karsten Staehr, 2005. "Reforms and Economic Growth in Transition Economies: Complementarity, Sequencing and Speed," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 177-202, December.
- Karsten Staehr, 2003. "Reforms and economic growth in transition economies: Complementarity, sequencing and speed," Macroeconomics 0303003, EconWPA.
- Danziger, Leif & Neuman, Shoshana, 2003.
"Delays in Renewal of Labor Contracts: Theory and Evidence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
709, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leif Danziger & Shoshana Neuman, 2005. "Delays in Renewal of Labor Contracts: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 341-372, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.