Analysis of the macroeconomic impact of the CSF on the economy of East Germany : research project supported under EU contract EFRE No. 98.02.17002 Development of a model for assessing the macroeconomic impacts of structural funds in East Germany
AbstractThe authors' main objective in this project was to study the options available to East Germany as it faces into the need to design policies that will take it from the immediate post-transition situation towards the EU average standard of living. After the initial transition, East Germany had a relative standard of living roughly comparable to that of the EU cohesion countries immediately prior to their entry into the EU. To reach the EU average, it must, therefore, grow for a sustained period at a rate higher than the EU average, or become permanently dependent on subvention from the former West Germany. Our modelling activities are designed to provide tools to facilitate an exploration of the options and likely outcomes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich in its series ifo Dresden Studien with number 30 and published in 2001.
EU-Strukturfonds; Regionale Entwicklung; Systemtransformation; Sozialprodukt; Volkswirtschaftliche Gesamtrechnung; Europäische Wirtschafts- und Währungsunion; Neue Bundesländer;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- P59 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Other
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joachim Ragnitz, 2003. "Wirkungen der Investitionsförderung in Ostdeutschland," IWH Discussion Papers 186, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Andrej Horvat, 2005. "Why does Nobody Care About the Absorption? Some Aspects Regarding Administrative Absorption Capacity for the EU Structural Funds in the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia before A," WIFO Working Papers 258, WIFO.
- Andrej Horvat & Gunther Maier, 2004. "Regional development, Absorption problems and the EU Structural Funds," ERSA conference papers ersa04p591, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.