The Outlook for World Trade
AbstractThe former GATT and World Trade Organization Director-General (1993â€“1995) defends the multilateral trade systemâ€”â€œIf goods do not pass frontiers, armies willâ€â€”and describes the challenges facing the World Trade Organization particularly in meeting the Doha Development Agenda. He responds to critics whose beliefs about globalisation and the role of the WTO he says are based on muddled thinking, and addresses trade-related issues including global governance and the situation of the developing countries in the global economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE in its journal World Economics Journal.
Volume (Year): 4 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaiji Chen & Ayse Imrohoroglu & Selo Imrohoroglu, 2005.
"Japanese Saving Rate,"
- John R. Baldwin & Tarek M. Harchaoui, 2006.
"The Integration of the Canadian Productivity Accounts within the System of National Accounts: Current Status and Challenges Ahead,"
in: A New Architecture for the U.S. National Accounts, pages 439-470
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, John R. Harchaoui, Tarek, 2005. "The Integration of the Canadian Productivity Accounts Within the System of National Accounts: Current Status and Challenges Ahead," Economic Analysis Methodology Paper Series: National Accounts 2005004e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- John R. Baldwin & Tarek Harchaoui, 2005. "The Integration of the Canadian Productivity Accounts within the System of National Accounts: Current Status and Challenges Ahead," NBER Working Papers 11107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jones, Siôn & Jones, Pau, 2006. "e-Communications: Investment and the Regulatory Framework," MPRA Paper 3568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Guerrieri & Dale W. Henderson & Jinill Kim, 2005.
"Investment-specific and multifactor productivity in multi-sector open economies: data and analysis,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
828, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Luca Guerrieri & Dale Henderson, 2005. "Investment-Specific and Multifactor Productivity in Multi-Sector Open Economies:Data and Analysis," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 143, Society for Computational Economics.
- Marcello M. EstevÃ£o, 2004. "Why is Productivity Growth in the Euro Area So Sluggish?," IMF Working Papers 04/200, International Monetary Fund.
- Fernando Lera & Margarita Billón, 2004. "The North-South Digital Divide in Information and Communication Technologies Development: the Case for Spanish Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p307, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ed Jones).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.