Urban Logistics in a Sustainable Development Concept on the Example of Transport System in Gdynia City
AbstractCurrently, the issue of sustainable development is becoming increasingly important. The belief, that in order to be able to develop the rate as the most optimal it is necessary to integrate the activities in the social, economic and environmental areas, are becoming increasingly common. Shorting these areas into one compact process will allow for better use obtained in this way effects. One of the main beneficiaries of the concept of sustainable development is the city where there are a multitude of logistics operations. It was addressed to the cities operating in the fields of sustainable development (economic, social and environmental) and having a city logistics in purpose to prevent the negative phenomena which might occur. The paper will be presented to the impact of the introduction of logistics activities on the basis of urban logistics in a fully sustainable urban development.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Valahia University of Targoviste, Faculty of Economic Science in its journal Valahian Journal of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
urban logistics; sustainable development; city; ecology; community; transport system;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Veronica STEFAN).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.