Distribution and Growth, Technology and Development. Reflections on Nino Andreatta’s Theoretical Analysis
AbstractThe reflections in this article stem from Andreatta’s 1958 analysis on Income distribution and capital accumulation, in the form of a stylized interpretation of his thought as a political economist. His theoretical analyses are reinterpreted with particular attention to the effects of innovation on income distribution and prices in relation to different types of markets. After the 1958 monograph Andreatta elaborates and publishes various writings with a focus on three main themes. The first theme regards how the choice of methods and the related inter-sectoral aspects of technology adopted in one sector influence the development of other sectors. The second theme, planning, is viewed especially in relation to developing countries. The third theme concerns that of the economics of research aimed at identifying new development strategies. From this analysis emerges an authoritative economist with a very eclectic post-Keynesian approach and without a priori preclusions of other theoretical approaches.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in its journal Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali.
Volume (Year): 118 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Income distribution; Growth; Development Strategies; Technological Changes; Planning; post-Keynesian approach;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
- E64 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Incomes Policy; Price Policy
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vep - Vita e Pensiero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.