Administered Prices and Consumer Price Index: the Influence of Government’s Decisions on Network Industries and Rental Market Prices
AbstractRecent studies analyse the dynamic of administered prices. However, the concept of administered prices is not clearly defined in economic literature, and a common approach is missing. This paper gives a brief description of the reasons for administered prices. Moreover, it focuses on the difference between administered and regulated prices. Two relevant and unsolved cases are analysed: telecommunication network industries and the rental market. A particular emphasis is addressed to the regulatory frameworks within these sectors. It is investigated whether they do affect price behaviours. In conclusion, the paper provides guidelines to identify the impact of the regulatory framework on consumer price indices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in its journal Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali.
Volume (Year): 114 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
administered prices; regulation; telecommunication network industries; rent;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- D49 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Other
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vep - Vita e Pensiero).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.