Density and Urban Sprawl
AbstractAlong with its economic reform, China has experienced a rapid urbanization. This study mapped urban land expansion in China using high-resolution Landsat Thematic Mapper and Enhanced Thematic Mapper data of 1989/1990, 1995/1996 and 1999/2000 and analyzed ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 65 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Carruthers & Ralph Mclaughlin & Marlon Boarnet, 2006.
"Does State Growth Management Change the Pattern of Urban Growth? Evidence From Florida,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa06p544, European Regional Science Association.
- Boarnet, Marlon G. & McLaughlin, Ralph B. & Carruthers, John I., 2011. "Does state growth management change the pattern of urban growth? Evidence from Florida," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 236-252, May.
- Wrenn, Douglas H. & Sam, Abdoul G. & Irwin, Elena G., 2012. "Searching for the Urban Fringe: Exploring Spatio-Temporal Variations in the Effect of Distance versus Local Interactions on Residential Land Conversion Using a Conditionally-Parametric Discrete-Time D," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125007, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Reynolds, John E., 2001. "Land Use Change And Competition In The South," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(02), August.
- Deller, Steven, 2003. "Urban Growth, Rural Land Conversion and the Fiscal Well-Being of Local Municipalities," Staff Paper Series 461, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Walls, Margaret & McConnell, Virginia & Kopits, Elizabeth, 2005.
"Zoning, TDRs, and the Density of Development,"
dp-05-32, Resources For the Future.
- Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA), 2008.
"Economics of discontinuous urban development (In French),"
Cahiers du GREThA
2008-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Guillaume POUYANNE (GREThA-GRES), 2008. "Economics of discontinuous urban development (In French)," Cahiers du GRES 2008-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Marcus Adolphson, 2008. "New urban settlements in a perspective of public and private interests. Case study: a Swedish municipality within the hinterland of the Stockholm city," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 345-367, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.