Portfolio Risk and Returns from Timber Asset Investments
AbstractThis paper evaluates the investment performance of Swedish timberland during the last three decades using the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM). Results suggests that Swedish timberland investments show diversification potential and can serve as a hedge ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 64 (1988)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Livernois, J. & Thille, H. & Zhang, X., 2003.
"A Test of the Hotelling Rule Using Old-Growth Timber Data,"
2003-4, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- John Livernois & Henry Thille & Xianqiang Zhang, 2006. "A test of the Hotelling rule using old-growth timber data," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 163-186, February.
- Waggle, Doug & Johnson, Don T., 2009. "An analysis of the impact of timberland, farmland and commercial real estate in the asset allocation decisions of institutional investors," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 90-96, April.
- Raunikar, Ronald & Buongiorno, Joseph & Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Lee Abt, Karen, 2000. "Financial performance of mixed-age naturally regenerated loblolly-hardwood stands in the south central United States," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 331-346, December.
- Sadorsky, Perry & Henriques, Irene, 2001. "Multifactor risk and the stock returns of Canadian paper and forest products companies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 199-208, November.
- Cochran, Steven J. & Mansur, Iqbal & Odusami, Babatunde, 2012. "Volatility persistence in metal returns: A FIGARCH approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 287-305.
- Hyytiainen, Kari & Penttinen, Markku, 2008. "Applying portfolio optimisation to the harvesting decisions of non-industrial private forest owners," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 151-160, January.
- Gjolberg, Ole & Guttormsen, Atle G., 2002. "Real options in the forest: what if prices are mean-reverting?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 13-20, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.